Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's my birthday tomorrow and it's gonna be hot, hot, hot

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Dark? It's darker than the pits of Moria. It's blacker than, well, a black thing. The corridors are the same. I had to use the torch on my iPhone to find my bedroom, at 2 pm on a summer day. That was after waiting 20 minutes to check in because the beautiful person on reception wasn't actually on reception. After that, it all got worse.

Funnily enough my stay was a freebie from Amex, to whom I wrote afterwards saying that it was a good thing they hadn't charged me, because if they had, I'd have demanded my money back.
    Did you read about it in a magazine? I've stayed in a Melia and it was quite nice - not that one obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Did you read about it in a magazine? I've stayed in a Melia and it was quite nice - not that one obviously
    I didn't, actually. It was the chap on here who worked for Amex, what was his name now, hmm, SB was his real name, it'll come to me, anyway whatever. He mentioned to me that they were doing a free night for platinum holders, no strings, so I took them up on it. The experience was so appalling that at midnight I very nearly left to check into a different hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I didn't, actually. It was the chap on here who worked for Amex, what was his name now, hmm, SB was his real name, it'll come to me, anyway whatever. He mentioned to me that they were doing a free night for platinum holders, no strings, so I took them up on it. The experience was so appalling that at midnight I very nearly left to check into a different hotel.
    Ah - he's just left there as well. Third Generation Gooner I believe he was on here