Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So Alexis wants Champions League football

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You left out the bit where we became the most successful club in the history of the competition and our brilliant manager became the first man to win it 7 (seven) times
    Yeah but.......

That's obviously *******s though. He said he wants to play in it and win it yet seemingly priced himself out of a move to Bayern who were interested in signing him.

He would be far better off leaving on a free next season.

Why the rush to join City now.

He can come back to us, do f all, save himself for the World Cup and then get even more money playing for PSG, Barca, Real etc etc

Would suck for us but that's what I would do.

Can't trust him...if he wants to leave and the money and replacements are there then go for it.

Since we changed to a 3-4-3 we play as a team and no longer reliant on him to win us every game on his own...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I couldn't be bothered with it. It is sad, but that is how it is. I watched a bit of the second half and I did watch the highlights.
    Sorry Peter, I'm sure you're a fine chap and everything but I just fail to see how you consider yourself an Arsenal supporter given this.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Sorry Peter, I'm sure you're a fine chap and everything but I just fail to see how you consider yourself an Arsenal supporter given this.
    It isn't good, is it. To be fair I did stick it on to watch Per collect the trophy. I like Per

I just really didn't want to watch it. Its hard to explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You're making the argument that the support won't get him sacked, red. And I agree.

I made the point that the support *could* get him sacked.
    That's what I mean; they *couldn't* get Him sacked because there's never been enough of us who want to. And there never would be.

Different matter with other managers at other clubs maybe, but Wenger? At the Arsenal? Never.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They do have a lot more chance than us next season
    No, not alot more, I think. We have no chance, of course, but they (Manchester City) are not all that good.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's what I mean; they *couldn't* get Him sacked because there's never been enough of us who want to. And there never would be.

Different matter with other managers at other clubs maybe, but Wenger? At the Arsenal? Never.
    Right conclusion, wrong reason. It is nothing to do with the numbers who want him gone - there are plenty of us out there.

It is everything about a disinterested majority shareholder who doesn't remotely care for winning major honours, unlike those in charge of our major rivals. Wenger is allowed to cruise at Arsenal where he never would have been at City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool.....or even Tottenham