Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So Alexis wants Champions League football

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As an achievement it is surpassed by the league, CL, FA Cup and EL. But it is not a trophy. Not ever.
    So had we finished fourth and lost the cup final would Sanchez be claiming that he wants to join City because he wants to win the FA Cup?

Nobody in football would choose the FA Cup over CL qualification. Not a manager, not a player, not a director or owner.

Just fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So had we finished fourth and lost the cup final would Sanchez be claiming that he wants to join City because he wants to win the FA Cup?

Nobody in football would choose the FA Cup over CL qualification. Not a manager, not a player, not a director or owner.

Just fans.
    Only moronic fans, to be fair.

Just fans.
    Actually, there may be some occasional exceptions to that rule. For example, had we scraped into the top 4 again last season but been beaten heavily by Chelsea in the Cup final, I'm fairly confident Wenger would have left.

In other words, I reckon Wenger would have plumped for the cup last season (if you'd asked him towards May).

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually, there may be some occasional exceptions to that rule. For example, had we scraped into the top 4 again last season but been beaten heavily by Chelsea in the Cup final, I'm fairly confident Wenger would have left.

In other words, I reckon Wenger would have plumped for the cup last season (if you'd asked him towards May).
    Oh yes, an occasional exception is fine. Particularly in your example which is from a man who has spent a decade proving the rule.

I loved the first Cup win, I enjoyed the second. The third meant virtually nothing.

Just fans.
    Yes, and it's the fans that count, believe it or not.

Oh yes, an occasional exception is fine. Particularly in your example which is from a man who has spent a decade proving the rule.

I loved the first Cup win, I enjoyed the second. The third meant virtually nothing.
    How sad

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Only moronic fans, to be fair.
    As one of your morons I very much enjoyed winning the FA Cup, I must say.

First cup win was just relief. Second was great but a bit easy (NTTAWWT). Third was very sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yeah, I hated beating the highly favoured Chelsea (complete with braying, obnoxious newbie fans) to win the most famous domestic cup competition in the world.

The entire time I sat there going through the club's financial statements dreaming of the impact of a 4th place finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, I enjoyed them all. But I would swap it for a 4th place finish in a heartbeat. Never mind.