Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 68

Thread: So Alexis wants Champions League football

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Why are you having a go at me? It's Sanchez that has implied that at least part of the reason for him wanting to leave is because he wants Champions League football.

    If you think he's somehow silly or misguided to place any importance on the so-called 4th place trophy then you should take it up with him
    Because the reason you posted that wasn't to inform us of what Sanchez had said, most or all of us were fully aware of what he said (which you misrepresented BTW).

    You posted that in an attempt to denigrate those people who criticised Wenger for claiming that 4th place was a trophy.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Because the reason you posted that wasn't to inform us of what Sanchez had said, most or all of us were fully aware of what he said (which you misrepresented BTW).

    You posted that in an attempt to denigrate those people who criticised Wenger for claiming that 4th place was a trophy.
    It is a trophy.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It is a trophy.
    *******s it is.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    *******s it is.
    Its the third best trophy available. (Maybe fourth, as Europa League is better).

    Its better than either of the domestic cups. And the Community Shield.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Europa League is better.
    Europa League is like two trophies.

  6. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its the third best trophy available. (Maybe fourth, as Europa League is better).

    Its better than either of the domestic cups. And the Community Shield.
    As an achievement it is surpassed by the league, CL, FA Cup and EL. But it is not a trophy. Not ever.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Europa League is like two trophies.
    But slightly better than the second trophy (4th place) because you go straight to the group stage. So almost 2.5 trophies.

    And we are in it and actually have a chance of winning it! Oh yes

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    *******s it is.
    It really does depend on what you define as a trophy.

    For some the FA Cup isn't really a trophy anymore, and it's the oldest cup trophy there is. So if an actual trophy isn't a trophy, what is?

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But slightly better than the second trophy (4th place) because you go straight to the group stage. So almost 2.5 trophies.

    And we are in it and actually have a chance of winning it! Oh yes
    I thought 4th place went straight to group stage these days. :0neandahalftrophies:

  10. #40
    Senior Member barrybueno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    O'Neills, Beckenham
    Posts
    18,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It really does depend on what you define as a trophy.

    For some the FA Cup isn't really a trophy anymore, and it's the oldest cup trophy there is. So if an actual trophy isn't a trophy, what is?
    The Premier League is the only real trophy, the rest are cups and qualification for cups, so there!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •