Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So Alexis wants Champions League football

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, and it's the fans that count, believe it or not.
    If you believe that.......

Yeah, I hated beating the highly favoured Chelsea (complete with braying, obnoxious newbie fans) to win the most famous domestic cup competition in the world.

The entire time I sat there going through the club's financial statements dreaming of the impact of a 4th place finish.
    I have to be honest here.....I didn't even watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you believe that.......
    You think that the supporters couldn't get Wenger sacked, Peter? Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have to be honest here.....I didn't even watch it.
    Because you didn't have the opportunity or because you couldn't be bothered?

If the latter, that is desperately sad and I'm not too sure how you could consider yourself an Arsenal supporter if you couldn't be bothered to watch us play Chelsea, the league champions, in an FA Cup final.

I hope you are joking.

Because you didn't have the opportunity or because you couldn't be bothered?

If the latter, that is desperately sad and I'm not too sure how you could consider yourself an Arsenal supporter if you couldn't be bothered to watch us play Chelsea, the league champions, in an FA Cup final.
    I couldn't be bothered with it. It is sad, but that is how it is. I watched a bit of the second half and I did watch the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Oh, I enjoyed them all. But I would swap it for a 4th place finish in a heartbeat. Never mind.
    No one remembers runners up, let alone 4th place league finishes.
    I might meet you half way had we not turned our CL appearances into a total car wreck since god knows when.
    I'm qute relieved to be spared the annual humiliation tbf.

No, he's right, I think. There's never been enough Arsenal fans that want Wenger out for Him to be sacked. Which is where this apathy comes from; support the club 100% and we still won't win the European Cup, demand a new manager and that's unlikely to happen either. Can't win.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, he's right, I think. There's never been enough Arsenal fans that want Wenger out for Him to be sacked. Which is where this apathy comes from; support the club 100% and we still won't win the European Cup, demand a new manager and that's unlikely to happen either. Can't win.
    You're making the argument that the support won't get him sacked, red. And I agree.

I made the point that the support *could* get him sacked.

Yeah, I hated beating the highly favoured Chelsea (complete with braying, obnoxious newbie fans) to win the most famous domestic cup competition in the world.

The entire time I sat there going through the club's financial statements dreaming of the impact of a 4th place finish.
    You left out the bit where we became the most successful club in the history of the competition and our brilliant manager became the first man to win it 7 (seven) times