Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Mark Wood really looks like a dangerous and effective fast bowler

  1. #1

    Mark Wood really looks like a dangerous and effective fast bowler

    and yet he isn't. I find this odd.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    and yet he isn't. I find this odd.
    The reverse-jinx not working so far.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The reverse-jinx not working so far.
    Yes. Mind you - like your mum - I do love de Kock.

    Seriously, though, his 50 on Saturday was the highlight of the day's play. Seriously good batsman.
    Last edited by Burney; 07-14-2017 at 02:28 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    and yet he isn't. I find this odd.
    indeed very puzzling. We need de Kock out really

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    indeed very puzzling. We need de Kock out really
    He and Amla are sort of quintessentially un-South African batsmen, aren't they? Alma's all great technique and elegant strokeplay, while de Kock is aggressive, but classy run-a-ball shenanigans. Gary Kirsten must be turning in his crypt.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He and Amla are sort of quintessentially un-South African batsmen, aren't they? Alma's all great technique and elegant strokeplay, while de Kock is aggressive, but classy run-a-ball shenanigans. Gary Kirsten must be turning in his crypt.
    yes - almost looking forward to watching them if I have to in a couple of weeks. As opposed to our brave boys. Saturday at the Oval. It will probably rain

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    yes - almost looking forward to watching them if I have to in a couple of weeks. As opposed to our brave boys. Saturday at the Oval. It will probably rain
    I actually became quite angry watching Cook, Jennings and Ballance poke about dismally against a depleted attack on what was still a belting track on a sunny Saturday afternoon in front of a full house as Lord's, every one of whom had paid a significant sum of money to be entertained. It was bloody disgraceful.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I actually became quite angry watching Cook, Jennings and Ballance poke about dismally against a depleted attack on what was still a belting track on a sunny Saturday afternoon in front of a full house as Lord's, every one of whom had paid a significant sum of money to be entertained. It was bloody disgraceful.
    I actually cheered when Cook got out, assuming that some batting might come in. Didn't quite work out like that.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I actually cheered when Cook got out, assuming that some batting might come in. Didn't quite work out like that.
    He really is one of the dullest, most insipid and uninspiring batsmen I've ever seen play for England. He has the personality and appeal of a wet rag.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I actually cheered when Cook got out, assuming that some batting might come in. Didn't quite work out like that.
    Well, yes. It clearly wasn't a belting track at all as events proved. All these T20 fans like Berni thinking we should be scoring at 6 an over pfft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •