Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interesting way to spin this story, given the fact that the NHS comes second last in

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    No. I’m saying you could use the tax system as a deterrent with fast food and very unhealthy stuff in the same way we do with smoking (because that has worked really well )
    How are you getting on with the new compulsory huge tobacco pouches, that our lords and masters have bestowed upon us in their infinite wisdom? I am smoking maybe 5-10% more than before, as I have less sense of running out and no need to ease off to stave off a visit to the shop.

wd the smoking Nazis.

I don’t think accepted wisdom is that bad diet makes you drop down dead in your 30s or 40s. It’s the problems it can cause in later life. Most of us tend not to worry about that and I’m not convinced that an NHS lecture is going to change our minds.
    Old age is over-rated imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Real old age is shíte.

Being our age is a different matter.

How are you getting on with the new compulsory huge tobacco pouches, that our lords and masters have bestowed upon us in their infinite wisdom? I am smoking maybe 5-10% more than before, as I have less sense of running out and no need to ease off to stave off a visit to the shop.

wd the smoking Nazis.

Without wishing to rub it in, I haven’t bought a pouch of tobacco in the UK for nearly 18 months. A 250 gram box of five pouches costs 12 quid at Malaysian duty free and I tend to bring back 6 boxes.

That said, I am down to my last three boxes now. A friend returns from India on Tuesday will at least two more, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Real old age is shíte.

Being our age is a different matter.
    Indeed. No point living for an extra 15 years covered in piss, dribbling and being unable to do anything.

Indeed. No point living for an extra 15 years covered in piss, dribbling and being unable to do anything.
    Message reported to Sir C

well, his carer anyway
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar