Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everton are playing in Tanzania :yikes:

Everton are playing in Tanzania :yikes:

What is potato-brained Wayne going to make of Tanzanian culture

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I doubt he'll see much outside the airport, his five-star hotel and the football stadium, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I doubt he'll see much outside the airport, his five-star hotel and the football stadium, tbh.
    But that's exactly what I mean. The airport at Dar is a corrugated iron shed, and I was once asked very politely to move seats at dinner in the 5 star hotel because a crack had appeared in the floor, from which was pouring a river of human sewage

But that's exactly what I mean. The airport at Dar is a corrugated iron shed, and I was once asked very politely to move seats at dinner in the 5 star hotel because a crack had appeared in the floor, from which was pouring a river of human sewage
    Croxteth is hardly Beverley Hills, to be fair. He'll be fine.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

LOL! And there was you thinking the wife had farted, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Croxteth is hardly Beverley Hills, to be fair. He'll be fine.
    I'd rather a lifetime in Dar than 30 minutes in Croxteth; it's the difference that will freak him out.

With any luck the **** will contract bilharzia.

I won't be visiting the BiL until he has been through quarantine

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    LOL! And there was you thinking the wife had farted, eh?
    We were sitting by the pool under a beautiful, starlit African sky, considering the adventures our morning flight into the bush would take us to. Happy as wossnames. I couldn't understand why this poor chap was hustling us away until eventually, in despair, he turned to the offending shítstream and sort of shrugged :whaddyagoonado:

I'd rather a lifetime in Dar than 30 minutes in Croxteth; it's the difference that will freak him out.

With any luck the **** will contract bilharzia.
    Nematodes. They cause Bilharzia. They go into little water snails and then come out again and lurgy people.

I remember once editing a friend's dissertation on the subject. That's all I remember of it. That and some pictures of glum-looking Africans.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I won't be visiting the BiL until he has been through quarantine
    It's one of the most magical countries on earth, p, and the people are a pure delight. (Except on Zanzibar where 75% of them are raving Alans.)