Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Charlie Gard scenario. It's all rather tragic, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm, I'd expect such a judgement from the sanctimonious left, but I don't think a is one of those.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm not.
    You are correct. I am making no judgement and indulging no sanctimony. Merely invoking you a symbol of the put-upon taxpayer that we all are, where we are forced to indulge such whimsies as keeping vegetables alive.

Not only that, first game of next season bloody Gt Ormond Street chuggers will be rattling their tins round the pubs before the game expecting further contributions. That hospital actually diverts funds away from other, less glamourous childrens units.

I had that JM Barry in the back of the cab once.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You are correct. I am making no judgement and indulging no sanctimony. Merely invoking you a symbol of a the put-upon taxpayer that we all are, where we are forced to indulge such whimsies as keeping vegetables alive.

Not only that, first game of next season bloody Gt Ormond Street chuggers will be rattling their tins round the pubs before the game expecting further contributions. That hospital actually diverts funds away from other, less glamourous childrens units.

In fairness I do have concerns about 'my' money being spent by the NHS on nonsense like 'gender re-alignment', or counselling for blokes who need nothing more medical than a boot in the árse; on the subject of a dying baby, on the other hand, I am rather more sanguine as far as budgets are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You are correct. I am making no judgement and indulging no sanctimony. Merely invoking you a symbol of the put-upon taxpayer that we all are, where we are forced to indulge such whimsies as keeping vegetables alive.

'Barrie', I think you'll find.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In fairness I do have concerns about 'my' money being spent by the NHS on nonsense like 'gender re-alignment', or counselling for blokes who need nothing more medical than a boot in the árse; on the subject of a dying baby, on the other hand, I am rather more sanguine as far as budgets are concerned.
    I'd donate to "gander re-alignment".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."