Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Charlie Gard scenario. It's all rather tragic, isn't it ?

The Charlie Gard scenario. It's all rather tragic, isn't it ?

Quite what the parents are hoping to achieve here is beyond me ..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Quite what the parents are hoping to achieve here is beyond me ..
    Well it is impossibel to put yourself in their shoes.. having to turn off a life support for a family member must be the hardest thing in the world.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well it is impossibel to put yourself in their shoes.. having to turn off a life support for a family member must be the hardest thing in the world.
    Of course. Which is why it ended up in the hands of the courts. The trouble is that, because something is emotive does not mean that the emotional argument is the right one.
    The kid is going to die and nothing's going to stop that happening. The court has to decide whether him being kept alive because his parents cant bear to face just letting him die is simply causing him to suffer unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course. Which is why it ended up in the hands of the courts. The trouble is that, because something is emotive does not mean that the emotional argument is the right one.
    The kid is going to die and nothing's going to stop that happening. The court has to decide whether him being kept alive because his parents cant bear to face just letting him die is simply causing him to suffer unnecessarily.
    And presumably Sir C is having to pay to keep the thing alive when it has no future.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I thought the argument was that dr's in Italy and the US think they can help.... if they are willing to pay then you could say what harm could it do when it has been seen that the treatment has helped others
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And presumably Sir C is having to pay to keep the thing alive when it has no future.
    What's this now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, that's President Trump, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What's this now?
    I think he's trying to say that you're so ideologically driven by heartless conservative values that your primary concern about the issue is that you're having to contribute financially to keeping the poor little vegetable alive. I'd imagine he probably also thinks you viscerally hate the boy's inescapably common parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think he's trying to say that you're so ideologically driven by heartless conservative values that your primary concern about the issue is that you're having to contribute financially to keeping the poor little vegetable alive. I'd imagine he probably also thinks you viscerally hate his inescapably common parents.
    Now don't stir things up by suggesting I am calling Sir C 'heartless'.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think he's trying to say that you're so ideologically driven by heartless conservative values that your primary concern about the issue is that you're having to contribute financially to keeping the poor little vegetable alive. I'd imagine he probably also thinks you viscerally hate the boy's inescapably common parents.
    Hmm, I'd expect such a judgement from the sanctimonious left, but I don't think a is one of those.

I could be wrong. I hope I'm not.