Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Čech; Bielik, Mert, Kolasinac; Nelson, Coq, Willock, Bramall; Özil, Walcott, #Welbz.

I know it's weak opposition but we look so comfortable with the back 3...interested in the 2 young wing backs...major chance for them

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Per 1nil...easy easy
    And I missed it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Imagine you are an Australian and you support Arsenal.

Years you have watched them, dreaming that one day you might even go to N5 and see them. Then they come to Australia. "Blimey". You buy your match ticket and go along, head to toe in replica kit.

Then Danny fúcking Welbeck comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Years you have watched them, dreaming that one day you might even go to N5 and see them. Then they come to Australia. "Blimey". You buy your match ticket and go along, head to toe in replica kit.

I'm not sure I understand you. Danny Welbeck is an Arsenal player
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

You can't be an Arsenal supporter in Australia. I'm not having it.

Is the heady smell of horse shít and hot dogs in Avenell Rd doesn't live in your nostrils, you need to be supporting Melbourne United or summat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't be an Arsenal supporter in Australia. I'm not having it.

Is the heady smell of horse shít and hot dogs in Avenell Rd doesn't live in your nostrils, you need to be supporting Melbourne United or summat.
    Yes. I can remember when the idea of attending an Arsenal game would excite and energise me. The stink of the crowd and their quaint accents and turns of phrase seemed very heaven to me. Now it fills me with ennui and dread.

Have I changed or has it?

Nelson, eh? So it'll be a case of, 'never mind manoeuvres, go straight at 'em'?
    play the 1-1-1 formation
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. I can remember when the idea of attending an Arsenal game would excite and energise me. The stink of the crowd and their quaint accents and turns of phrase seemed very heaven to me. Now it fills me with ennui and dread.

Have I changed or has it?
    Both have changed, I suspect.

I am considering attending a game this season. An away game, in Europe, I think. Make a long weekend of it. The Netherlands, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I largely am. I keep depressing myself by re-reading Douglas Murray's book.
    Word to the wise, guv. It's never going to turn out to have a happy ending, no matter how many times you read it.

Word to the wise, guv. It's never going to turn out to have a happy ending, no matter how many times you read it.
    No. I think I keep reading it as a prophylactic against false optimism.