Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lyrics you misheard or changed your mind and now you can't but help

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh yeah. I'm never happier on a plane than when it's descending to land. While I know it's potentially the most dangerous part of the flight, I also know that the whole thing will be over soon one way or another.

That's the thing about me and flying: it's not crashing and dying I'm afraid of, it's actually being on planes.
    Exactly. THe alternative to landing is being stuck up there. When you get caught in a landing queue I would seriously consider the offer of a parachute.

Isnt take off the most dangerous part? I tend to think once the thing is in the air and working you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Just go to sleep
    Going to sleep on planes is actually quite difficult if you hate flying.

Oh yeah. I'm never happier on a plane than when it's descending to land. While I know it's potentially the most dangerous part of the flight, I also know that the whole thing will be over soon one way or another.

That's the thing about me and flying: it's not crashing and dying I'm afraid of, it's actually being on planes that I cannot stand.
    'Aircraft' is good. 'Aeroplane' is also fine. 'The jet', if you're flying it.

Take off is by far the most dangerous time on an airliner. Just after rotate, at a speed so low you're entirely dependent on the complex system of slats and flaps keeping the aircraft airborne as it accelerates - meanwhile, the engines are working flat out and if something's going to go wrong with one of them, this is the time. And if it does, you'd better pray that the PF has the reflexes to immediately get the correct rudder applied and the room to lower the nose to maintain VMcA, or you're fúcked.

Weirdo. If I unlucky enough to have a window seat, I will close the blind as soon as possible.
    Annoying if I am stuck on the wing
    It obstructs the view

I do not like night flights so much
    Pitch black out there
    How can the pilot see where he is going ?!
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Just go to sleep
    If you are 6 foot tall and sat in economy, that isn't an easy option.

I struggle to sleep in bed, let alone strapped into a rock hard chair in a tube of farts

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Exactly. THe alternative to landing is being stuck up there. When you get caught in a landing queue I would seriously consider the offer of a parachute.

Isnt take off the most dangerous part? I tend to think once the thing is in the air and working you will be fine.
    Well it's the most dangerous in the sense that you are pointing the big, fast-moving machine at the ground and hoping everything goes alright, I'd guess. In terms of the statistics, I've no idea. You'd have to ask Sir C. He knows about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Take off is by far the most dangerous time on an airliner. Just after rotate, at a speed so low you're entirely dependent on the complex system of slats and flaps keeping the aircraft airborne as it accelerates - meanwhile, the engines are working flat out and if something's going to go wrong with one of them, this is the time. And if it does, you'd better pray that the PF has the reflexes to immediately get the correct rudder applied and the room to lower the nose to maintain VMcA, or you're fúcked.
    So I was right to be scared

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Yes, yes, but does it really have to be so noisy?

Going to sleep on planes is actually quite difficult if you hate flying.
    A serious question to you and Peter

Do you just feel paralysed gripped with gear and not wanting to move when on an aircraft and is being sat in the chair the least worrying option ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I love landing. It means I am going to be having a fag shortly
    Could take a while if landing at Gatwick or Stansted