Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lyrics you misheard or changed your mind and now you can't but help

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Same for me. Except it's not always it's very strange.

Sometimes I try to play it cool by appearing that just carry on doing what I am doing during the take off.

some people hate landing but it doesn't bother me at all.
    I love landing. It means I am going to be having a fag shortly

Sometimes I try to play it cool by appearing that just carry on doing what I am doing during the take off.

Old colleague of mine couldn't go abroad as his wife was scared of flying.... she did hypno to get over it so they booked their first family trip abroad to Mallorca, checked in fine, on the plane she has a panic attack and decides she can't go. She gets off with the kids and the airline tell her husband that he can delay the flight and piss off loads of passengers while they unload the cases, or he can fly without them...... he flew to Mallorca, collected the cases then had to pay for a return flight home (even better he got done for exceeding his baggage allowance on the way home)
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its a nod to anticipated turbulence but its mainly because its ****ing loud and drowns out the noises. I am only scared of take off. Once we are in the air I'm fine
    I'm similar - apart from those moments of arse-puckering existential dread when the reality pokes through that I'm trapped in a metal tube hurtling through the sky at unholy speeds, breathing recycled air and with only thin layers of aluminium and plastic between me and a howling, freezing environment that is quite incapable of sustaining human life, I'm cool.

I do wish they wouldn't keep telling you how high up you are and how cold it is outside. I really, really don't want to know. Mind you, if I had my way, airliners wouldn't have windows.

And as for these freaks who want to look at views offered by the cameras OUTSIDE THE PLANE - what the fück is wrong with them?
    Last edited by Burney; 07-13-2017 at 09:02 AM.

I don't think you are allowed to call them fags now
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Oh yeah. I'm never happier on a plane than when it's descending to land. While I know it's potentially the most dangerous part of the flight, I also know that the whole thing will be over soon one way or another.

That's the thing about me and flying: it's not crashing and dying I'm afraid of, it's actually being on planes.
    Last edited by Burney; 07-13-2017 at 09:04 AM.

I just look out of the window when taking off
    Love it when the pilot takes the brakes off and the aeroplane shoots forward
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm similar - apart from those moments of arse-puckering dread when the reality pokes through that I'm trapped in a metal tube hurtling through the sky at unholy speeds, breathing recycled air and with only thin layers of aluminium and plastic between me and a howling, freezing environment that is quite incapable of sustaining human life, I'm cool.

I do wish they wouldn't keep telling you how high up you are and how cold it is outside. I really, really don't want to know. Mind you, if I had my way, airliners wouldn't have windows.

And as for these freaks who want to look at views offered by the cameras OUTSIDE THE PLANE - what the fück is wrong with them?
    I am fairly ok with the idea of dying, that doesn't bother me too much. I have to make sure I don't think about the fact that I am stuck in close proximity to a heaving, stinking mass of humanity for the next 6/8/13 hours, there is nothing I can do about it and I cant even have a ****ing fag. Death is ok, what terrifies me is delays. If the slightest thing goes wrong I am going to want a fag. And then things turn nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I just look out of the window when taking off
    Love it when the pilot takes the brakes off and the aeroplane shoots forward
    Weirdo. If I unlucky enough to have a window seat, I will close the blind as soon as possible.

I am fairly ok with the idea of dying, that doesn't bother me too much. I have to make sure I don't think about the fact that I am stuck in close proximity to a heaving, stinking mass of humanity for the next 6/8/13 hours, there is nothing I can do about it and I cant even have a ****ing fag. Death is ok, what terrifies me is delays. If the slightest thing goes wrong I am going to want a fag. And then things turn nasty.
    Just go to sleep
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Oh, yeah. It's not dying that's the issue. It's the environment.