Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I see Macron's a racist now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Here's what I don't get about post-colonial guilt. On the one hand, the poor, innocent, child-like people of Africa and Asia, apparently entirely lacking in agancy, did as they were told and took on the rules and regulations imposed by christianity because we told them to. Now that we tell them to do something different, such as not breeding in quite such a rabbit-like fashion, all of a sudden develop enough free will to ignore us.

What's it to be? Are the oppressed peoples of the world naive natives, to be bent to our will as required, or sentient human beings with the ability to take responsibility for their actions?
    Actually, I've decided it's all your fault for refusing to proudly wear your Arsenal replica shirt. You see, all you've really done is encourage this sort of thinking and behaviour.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Referencing high birth rates is not a racist statement.
    I didn't say it was.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Actually, I've decided it's all your fault for refusing to proudly wear your Arsenal replica shirt. You see, all you've really done is encourage this sort of thinking and behaviour.
    There are more than enough replica Arsenal shirts being worn in Africa. On my visits I feel it is important to dress appropriately, lest any local offer disrespect to me or the memsahib, so I tend to sport a rather nicely tailored safari suit and cavalry boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I didn't say it was.
    I know you didn't, but it is the title or whatever of this topic.

When I then read (part of) the linked piece I only saw references to such comments made from today.

Linking you in my reply was merely how I roll as opposed to just replying blankly.

There are more than enough replica Arsenal shirts being worn in Africa. On my visits I feel it is important to dress appropriately, lest any local offer disrespect to me or the memsahib, so I tend to sport a rather nicely tailored safari suit and cavalry boots.
    Right. That's why it's so important that the right sort wears them too, not just the wrong sort.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Here's what I don't get about post-colonial guilt. On the one hand, the poor, innocent, child-like people of Africa and Asia, apparently entirely lacking in agancy, did as they were told and took on the rules and regulations imposed by christianity because we told them to. Now that we tell them to do something different, such as not breeding in quite such a rabbit-like fashion, all of a sudden develop enough free will to ignore us.

What's it to be? Are the oppressed peoples of the world naive natives, to be bent to our will as required, or sentient human beings with the ability to take responsibility for their actions?
    The latter, I would hope. But it seems that Papism is hard to shake off.