Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If one had a yearning for a lunch of toast and Marmite*, how many slices would it be

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well I think a tayberry is a cultivated shrub in the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae patented in 1979 as a cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry, and named after the river Tay in Scotland.

I didn't make the jam you understand, when I say home-made I mean home-made by my neighbour who it turns out has an allotment where loads of the ****ers grew.

Who knew.

"Ya cant polish a turd! People hate being lectured to by some four foot self righteous prick."

It's the sheer variety of reasons on offer that's stunning. It's the tax issues, the sunglasses, they're west Brits, no they're English, they're prods, they went to a posh school... it goes on and on and on. World class levels of bitterness, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's the sheer variety of reasons on offer that's stunning. It's the tax issues, the sunglasses, they're west Brits, no they're English, they're prods, they went to a posh school... it goes on and on and on. World class levels of bitterness, there.
    They play here next week I think, only 1 night mind you which is very odd for them.

Not sure I would be putting statues up of them all the same.

They play here next week I think, only 1 night mind you which is very odd for them.

Not sure I would be putting statues up of them all the same.
    Statues of pop stars are very naff, I'm afraid. Ditto footballers.

I don't hate U2. Not my cup of tea, of course, but I've managed to ignore their output for 20-odd years, so they don't bother me.

reasonable to consume?

*Possibly with tea. You know when you scrape the roof of your mouth to bits with the toast and the Marmite gets in and stings, and then the hot tea soothes it? Just so.

Asking for a friend.

there is no limit. Marmite on toast is one of life's pleasures and should be enjoyed to its max
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Statues of pop stars are very naff, I'm afraid. Ditto footballers.

I don't hate U2. Not my cup of tea, of course, but I've managed to ignore their output for 20-odd years, so they don't bother me.
    Naturally I am still subjected to their music on the radio, even in the brief time I am exposed to it I am almost guaranteed to hear something once or twice every weekend – see also Bruce Springsteen aka The Boss as they will refer to him.

Harmless enough of course, and there is the undeniable fact that at least two of the band just seem to sail along and bother nobody. Bono does tend to go on a bit all the same though I suppose, him and Geldof. They are almost competing in a competition of bellendery.

The other bloke, The Edge if you will. Fúck me. They actually call him that in interviews. The fúcking Edge.

It's a massive generalisation all the same to say they are hated in Ireland. Loved by as many if not more.

The other bloke, The Edge if you will. Fúck me. They actually call him that in interviews. The fúcking Edge.

What is his ****ty birth name ? Keith Pike ?
    That ****ing woolly hat he wears all the ****ing time
    I want The Edge to do a hat exchange with Eddie Izzard
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Any excuse to post this:

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Any excuse to post this:

That is such a lot of old bóllocks though. I like Bill Bailey but he really let himself down there.

That is such a lot of old bóllocks though. I like Bill Bailey but he really let himself down there.
    Not being a fan of The Edge, U2, or effects-reliant guitarists, I rather like it.