Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what shall I do in the Dordogne next week?

So, what shall I do in the Dordogne next week?

Other than drink copious amount of wine, eat tons of cheese and bread and consume foie gras and truffle until I'm blue in the face.

Any suggestions are or you all too vulgar to appreciate the wonders of France?*

*wait for Charles to be a condescending old goat with something like 'but there are tourists in the Dordogne!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Other than drink copious amount of wine, eat tons of cheese and bread and consume foie gras and truffle until I'm blue in the face.

*wait for Charles to be a condescending old goat with something like 'but there are tourists in the Dordogne!!!'
    What do you mean, 'do'? What does one generally 'do' on holiday? Are you looking for some organised family activities? Aerobics round the pool, Knobbly Knees competition, the sort of things you get to do in holiday resorts like Fujairah or Butlins? You won't find those in France mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What do you mean, 'do'? What does one generally 'do' on holiday? Are you looking for some organised family activities? Aerobics round the pool, Knobbly Knees competition, the sort of things you get to do in holiday resorts like Fujairah or Butlins? You won't find those in France mate.
    Restaurant recommendations, chateaus that are worth a visit, markets that might be particularly wonderful, natural attractions of some kind, possibly a canoe expedition on the river, a city/town with a particularly spectacular town centre etc etc.

You have been to France, right Charles?

Restaurant recommendations, chateaus that are worth a visit, markets that might be particularly wonderful, natural attractions of some kind, possibly a canoe expedition on the river, a city/town with a particularly spectacular town centre etc etc.

You have been to France, right Charles?
    Oh. Just normal life, you mean.

I suggest you go there and investigate. Or you could always book an organised tour to make sure you don't miss anything. I expect the coach will be very modern with the latest in chemical toilets and everything. :sagaholidays:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh. Just normal life, you mean.

I suggest you go there and investigate. Or you could always book an organised tour to make sure you don't miss anything. I expect the coach will be very modern with the latest in chemical toilets and everything. :sagaholidays:
    I always drive to France.

Because I enjoy it and because it allows me to bring back a case of very expensive red.

Oh yes.

I always drive to France.

Because I enjoy it and because it allows me to bring back a case of very expensive red.

Oh yes.
    Don't, for the love of God, go near Limoges. It's truly fúcking dull.

We mainly ate magret de canard, explored caves with prehistoric paintings and visited foi gras farms to watch geese being ritually tortured with a pipe shoved down their throats.

Stay away from France, imo; the place stinks of puppy piss.

In fairness, that could just be my little piece of it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Conduct some conversations in French.

Also, it's funny when you call us vulgar.

you could nip across to Rocamadour. nice place.

You could pick up some wine and cheese while you're there. oh...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”