Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lacazette to wear no. 9 :-(

Oh, yes. No doubt.

After Manchester United have decided they'd rather pay even more money for Lukaku.

There's nothing wrong with it; it just seems to be the way it is

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    AW does have a lot of sway, especially with the French chaps.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am very balanced in my views regarding football.

I don't hate on people or teams. Rangers and Stephen Hunt excluded obvs.
    Hating Mourinho has nothing to do with football; it is a simple matter of human decency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't remember that, no. Alan Smith didn't really ring my bell, to be honest. I've never been a fan of the 'on me 'ead son' sort of centre forward. I like a chap who can, you know, play football.
    Like Martin Hayes - who scored a wonder goal in that game and was barely heard of ever again *

*The 1988 Littlewoods Cup final did not happen

Well, no. I like footballers who are good at football
    Yes. What Alan Smith did for us is the hardest thing to do in football; two best goalscorer awards, each in title-winning seasons
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Like Martin Hayes - who scored a wonder goal in that game and was barely heard of ever again *

I have spent a measurable amount of my adult life engaged in attempting to forget Martin Hayes, la. Thanks for bringing him to mind

Hating Mourinho has nothing to do with football; it is a simple matter of human decency.
    I didn't like how he poked your man's eye but all the silliness and petulance regarding the game of football largely washes over me.

I expect this is because I myself am a manager and I know the stresses and rules of engagement he operates under.

I have spent a measurable amount of my adult life engaged in attempting to forget Martin Hayes, la. Thanks for bringing him to mind
    Look at this though - scoring against France. What an assist by Merse. And that jinking run and balloon over the bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5g0eFfV7w

Lovely boy though

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. What Alan Smith did for us is the hardest thing to do in football; two best goalscorer awards, each in title-winning seasons
    Pfff. Applying the coup de grace is an overrated occupation. The chap who loads the weapon is usually the real artist.

Look at this though - scoring against France. What an assist by Merse. And that jinking run and balloon over the bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV5g0eFfV7w
    My word, I'd forgotten all about that, as well.