Thread: Lacazette to wear no. 9 :-(

Lacazette to wear no. 9 :-(

That's that then, he's doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Adios Perez.

Strange signing.

Yes!

The thing with the #9 shirt is it's the only one that does not shrink to fit unworthy players, as the man said. Either you wear it well or you simply don't wear it.

The fifty million quid price-tag suggests this chap may be OK with it #WengerKnows

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The thing with the #9 shirt is it's the only one that does not shrink to fit unworthy players, as the man said. Either you wear it well or you simply don't wear it.

The fifty million quid price-tag suggests this chap may be OK with it #WengerKnows
    Eduardo wore it well until he had his foot chopped off

I see this morning that Mourinho apparently looked at Lacazette but decided he doesn't have the stamina and his record in big games is poor and so they chose Lukaku instead.......who ironically, I've always said goes missing in big games and doesn't have the greatest engine/work rate.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I see this morning that Mourinho apparently looked at Lacazette but decided he doesn't have the stamina and his record in big games is poor and so they chose Lukaku instead.......who ironically, I've always said goes missing in big games and doesn't have the greatest engine/work rate.
    Mourinho wants another fella the size of a fridge who he can coach to assault centre halves. It worked out for him with Drogba, I suppose.

Mourinho wants another fella the size of a fridge who he can coach to assault centre halves. It worked out for him with Drogba, I suppose.
    I wish Giroud would assault more centre halves; he'd be twice the player then
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well it is in essence the wonder and magic of football. The cut and thrust of debate, opinion and indeed counter opinion.

Diego Simeone (who many hold up as a managerial genius) had enough professional regards for AL as to agree to pay €65m, Wenger similarly has confidence in his abilities. Mourinho allegedly not*. He preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him/them.

Who knows who is correct. Of course a snap judgement will be made in August.

Eduardo wore it well until he had his foot chopped off
    Alas, poor fellow.

By the way, do you remember Alan Smith signing for us and then playing for Leicester City at Highbury, having been loaned back to them? I don't.

Both sets of supporters chanting his name apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well it is in essence the wonder and magic of football. The cut and thrust of debate, opinion and indeed counter opinion.

Diego Simeone (who many hold up as a managerial genius) had enough professional regards for AL as to agree to pay €65m, Wenger similarly has confidence in his abilities. Mourinho allegedly not*. He preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him/them.

Who knows who is correct. Of course a snap judgement will be made in August.
    What do you mean by this? "Mourinho preferred Morata or Lukaka and thus good luck to him"

You know I am not the judgemental type, but wishing good luck upon Mourinho is clearly the sign of an evil, twisted individual. I shall be observing your behaviour with enormous suspicion in future.