Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lacazette to wear no. 9 :-(

That's that then, he's doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Adios Perez.

Strange signing.

Yes!

The thing with the #9 shirt is it's the only one that does not shrink to fit unworthy players, as the man said. Either you wear it well or you simply don't wear it.

The fifty million quid price-tag suggests this chap may be OK with it #WengerKnows

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The thing with the #9 shirt is it's the only one that does not shrink to fit unworthy players, as the man said. Either you wear it well or you simply don't wear it.

The fifty million quid price-tag suggests this chap may be OK with it #WengerKnows
    Eduardo wore it well until he had his foot chopped off

Eduardo wore it well until he had his foot chopped off
    Alas, poor fellow.

By the way, do you remember Alan Smith signing for us and then playing for Leicester City at Highbury, having been loaned back to them? I don't.

Both sets of supporters chanting his name apparently.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Alas, poor fellow.

By the way, do you remember Alan Smith signing for us and then playing for Leicester City at Highbury, having been loaned back to them? I don't.

Both sets of supporters chanting his name apparently.
    I don't remember that, no. Alan Smith didn't really ring my bell, to be honest. I've never been a fan of the 'on me 'ead son' sort of centre forward. I like a chap who can, you know, play football.

I don't remember that, no. Alan Smith didn't really ring my bell, to be honest. I've never been a fan of the 'on me 'ead son' sort of centre forward. I like a chap who can, you know, play football.
    If you don't mind, I shall pretend you didn't just say that, so we may remain friends

I do remember that... and Alan Smith had a great touch... set up MT winning goal at Anfield, cracking CWC final goal.

Basically if they aren't Dutch or your Spanish love child you don't like them
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Like Martin Hayes - who scored a wonder goal in that game and was barely heard of ever again *

*The 1988 Littlewoods Cup final did not happen

I see this morning that Mourinho apparently looked at Lacazette but decided he doesn't have the stamina and his record in big games is poor and so they chose Lukaku instead.......who ironically, I've always said goes missing in big games and doesn't have the greatest engine/work rate.