Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lacazette to wear no. 9 :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which is why we never replaced Patrick Vieira.

After a fall-out once with my singer-guitarist-diva-egomaniac pal he spent six months trying to replace me and eventually had to grovel for me to return.

Look, you're right about the importance of good ones of these people, but most of the ones that set themselves up as the main man are not good enough. They take up the slots because they are pushy arrogant cùnts but are basically frauds stopping other, perhaps more talented but more humble people developing their talents. That's why they are cùnts, most of them.
    "creative differences"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which is why we never replaced Patrick Vieira.

After a fall-out once with my singer-guitarist-diva-egomaniac pal he spent six months trying to replace me and eventually had to grovel for me to return.

Look, you're right about the importance of good ones of these people, but most of the ones that set themselves up as the main man are not good enough. They take up the slots because they are pushy arrogant cùnts but are basically frauds stopping other, perhaps more talented but more humble people developing their talents. That's why they are cùnts, most of them.
    OK. But all that's for the punters to decide, isn't it? Or anyway, Arsene Wenger.

It's not really about talent. Or art; it's about bums on seats.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    "creative differences"?
    Oh there were always creative differences. There were certain things (non creative) I just wouldn't let him have all his own way all the time. So he 'sacked' me. Which I was fine with as I was tired of it and wanted a break. I could spend all my evenings in the pub rather than relentlessly rehearsing, gigging, preparing and distributing marketing materials, chasing industry contacts and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    OK. But all that's for the punters to decide, isn't it? Or anyway, Arsene Wenger.

It's not really about talent. Or art; it's about bums on seats.
    Not sure they're too bothered whether the bums turn up, tbh. As long as the tickets are sold.