Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lacazette to wear no. 9 :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Pfff. Applying the coup de grace is an overrated occupation. The chap who loads the weapon is usually the real artist.
    Right, van Gogh was merely a chap who splashed colours about. The real artist was the boy that went to shop and purchased the paint in the first place.

In fairness, I don't understand art.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right, van Gogh was merely a chap who splashed colours about. The real artist was the boy that went to shop and purchased the paint in the first place.

In fairness, I don't understand art.
    van Gogh was a bit shít, though. Couldn't really do perspective, could he?

van Gogh was a bit shít, though. Couldn't really do perspective, could he?
    I wouldn't know
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Pfff. Applying the coup de grace is an overrated occupation. The chap who loads the weapon is usually the real artist.
    Indeed.

Anybody can tap a ball into an empty net.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed.

Anybody can tap a ball into an empty net.
    Not 300 times, they can't.

Not 300 times, they can't.
    No but then that is why the very top boys cost so much and quite often get all the glory.

They are like the lead singer of a band, the poster boy, the marketing image. **** all use without the rhythm section though.

Again, I must disagree with you there. Do you play with your instrument of choice*

whilst taking a bath? No, of course you don't; you would sing, wouldn't you. So without the singer interpreting the songwriter's jargon for everyone, nobody makes any money.

*As it were.

No but then that is why the very top boys cost so much and quite often get all the glory.

They are like the lead singer of a band, the poster boy, the marketing image. **** all use without the rhythm section though.

Again, I must disagree with you there. Do you play with your instrument of choice* whilst taking a bath? No, of course you don't; you would sing, wouldn't you. So without the singer interpreting the songwriter's jargon for everyone, nobody makes any money.

*As it were.
    Are you asking me if I masturbate?

Giroud has his failings but he brings us a strength in the air which has often got us out of trouble. Best aerial centre-forward we've had since... Smith? Radford?

Basically, you're just showing your age; where once the game was all about the glory, now, in your dotage, all you can see is passing statistics and assists and resale values.