Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wenger quotes from Oz press conference...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Unless they can just dig another 50m out of the ground. :citeh:
    Or their own supporters
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The wage cap is precisely why we need our super-efficient Dick to get his finger out and start offloading players who aren't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Sanchez out, use the money to try and force Monaco's hand on Lemar who is reported as the one AW really wants. Lemar and Lacazette in, arguably strengthened from last year.

Keep Mezut obviously.

Losing him for free is just not an option.
    are you qualified to demand we get rid of our best player for Lemar?

Have you studied Lemar or have you just heard us linked with him/seen his football manager stats? Please do tell us how he matches up to Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob2 View Post
    are you qualified to demand we get rid of our best player for Lemar?

Have you studied Lemar or have you just heard us linked with him/seen his football manager stats? Please do tell us how he matches up to Sanchez
    Of course I am qualified. I manage an U10 team. Played 14, W14, D0, L0.

I've seen Lemar play quite often as it goes. Is he as good as Sanchez? Does he match up to Sanchez? I don't believe I said that, in fact I don't believe I have ever said that.

What I suggested is that losing 1 and replacing with 2 good players could perhaps see the overall impact on the side being one of improvement. The additions of creativity and goals from a left sided position plus goals from a new striker.

Of course it may not. Such is football.

p.s. I didn't demand anything either.