Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wenger quotes from Oz press conference...

Wenger quotes from Oz press conference...

Wenger was asked about Lemar and Mbappe

Said Lemar is a player he likes but would not be drawn into it further, said nothing concrete yet.
    Said Mbappe has the choice of any top club in europe, and that Arsenal were one of them.
    On Sanchez

Asked if he still insists on not selling Alexis to a rival, "Yes, that’s the continuity from what I said. Yes, that’s what we’ll do."
    On New Additions

"We play football based on movement - I believe both can integrate well into the team.
    I believe they are great additions to the team. This is a good opportunity to get a first look at them."
    Alexandre Lacazette will make debut on Thursday according to Wenger and will also play on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Wenger was asked about Lemar and Mbappe

Said Lemar is a player he likes but would not be drawn into it further, said nothing concrete yet.
    Said Mbappe has the choice of any top club in europe, and that Arsenal were one of them.
    On Sanchez

Asked if he still insists on not selling Alexis to a rival, "Yes, that’s the continuity from what I said. Yes, that’s what we’ll do."
    On New Additions

"We play football based on movement - I believe both can integrate well into the team.
    I believe they are great additions to the team. This is a good opportunity to get a first look at them."
    Alexandre Lacazette will make debut on Thursday according to Wenger and will also play on Saturday
    On Alexis; before, we could always say we needed the cash but now?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    A football club always *needs* £50m.

you could say we will lose £50m if we keep him...BUT, he hasn't asked for a tfr so would get 10% of that fee... IF we paid him £300k a week it would cost us an extra £7-10m a year compared to what he is on now.... so in effect we won't lose as much money as people make out
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    you could say we will lose £50m if we keep him...BUT, he hasn't asked for a tfr so would get 10% of that fee... IF we paid him £300k a week it would cost us an extra £7-10m a year compared to what he is on now.... so in effect we won't lose as much money as people make out
    £7m is the maximum by which a club can increase it's wage bill, some new rules.

Now it's obviously all nett and there will be departures to counter some of this but equally there is new salaries in place and other player wage rises to take into account.

In summary, sell.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yeah, I suppose we all know how this story ends by now. But will merely swapping one fifty million pound player for another satisfy everyone this time, do you reckon?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Yeah, I suppose we all know how this story ends by now. But will merely swapping one fifty million pound player for another satisfy everyone this time, do you reckon?
    Sanchez out, use the money to try and force Monaco's hand on Lemar who is reported as the one AW really wants. Lemar and Lacazette in, arguably strengthened from last year.

Keep Mezut obviously.

Losing him for free is just not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Excellent point. And the manager does seem to want to keep him. But then, He would say that, wouldn't He

Sanchez out, use the money to try and force Monaco's hand on Lemar who is reported as the one AW really wants. Lemar and Lacazette in, arguably strengthened from last year.

Keep Mezut obviously.

Losing him for free is just not an option.
    Right. Whatever it is, so long as it doesn't appear to be penny pinching #SSFM

Unless they can just dig another 50m out of the ground. :citeh: