Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I'm not fan of sacking people for injudicious language, but a tory MP has been

Now I'm not fan of sacking people for injudicious language, but a tory MP has been

recorded using the phrase 'n*gger in the woodpile'.

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to use that phrase publicly in 2017?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    recorded using the phrase 'n*gger in the woodpile'.

Seriously, how stupid do you have to be to use that phrase publicly in 2017?
    Reminds me of a bloke I know who referred to the Pakistan cricket team as "Those cheating P*kis" on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Reminds me of a bloke I know who referred to the Pakistan cricket team as "Those cheating P*kis" on Facebook.
    On the Times of India, they talk about Porkis from Porkistan all the time. And get called cow-piss drinkers for their troubles.

But you can say TURKS? POLS, etc
    Everyone so scared of accidently saying it they even pronounce Pakistan with an R just in case.

I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Australians use the P word all the time when discussing anyone from Pakistan and it's not frowned upon

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Everyone so scared of accidently saying it they even pronounce Pakistan with an R just in case.
    Used to be a nightmare working on a desktop-publishing system publishing system that was programmed to split Pakistan after the "i" in justified text. Also one used to slip through

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Australians use the P word all the time when discussing anyone from Pakistan and it's not frowned upon
    indeed, Aussies:shortening:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Brits are the worst though, in fairness.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Used to be a nightmare working on a desktop-publishing system publishing system that was programmed to split Pakistan after the "i" in justified text. Also one used to slip through
    *****tone was a tricky one.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    indeed, Aussies:shortening:
    Yes, but these other shortenings have probably not so often have been yelled as a furious racial pejorative just prior to someone's head getting concaved.

USians can't understand the sensitivity of the word either.