Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let me open up about my feelings for Sanchez. At 28, he is in a precarious position.

Let me open up about my feelings for Sanchez. At 28, he is in a precarious position.

He wants a move to a big club and is out of contract next summer. However, next summer he will be 29, and that's pretty damn long in the tooth. Therefore, Arsenal have the advantage in that they can tell him to suck it up. Can, and should. If we have to drag him chained to the match each week, then that's what we do.

300k a week and not a penny more!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    He wants a move to a big club and is out of contract next summer. However, next summer he will be 29, and that's pretty damn long in the tooth. Therefore, Arsenal have the advantage in that they can tell him to suck it up. Can, and should. If we have to drag him chained to the match each week, then that's what we do.

300k a week and not a penny more!
    29 is not long in the tooth: he can be expected to be at the top of his game for at least a further 3 years. It's wishful thinking that we can expect him to suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    29 is not long in the tooth: he can be expected to be at the top of his game for at least a further 3 years. It's wishful thinking that we can expect him to suck it up.
    The hell with his contract situation, I think. We simply need to keep him for as long as we can; add quality to the team, rather than merely replace it all the time.

Having said that, it does appear (to me anyway) that he will be gone this Summer.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The hell with his contract situation, I think. We simply need to keep him for as long as we can; add quality to the team, rather than merely replace it all the time.

Having said that, it does appear (to me anyway) that he will be gone this Summer.
    Yes, and good riddance. If he stays he will be sulking. Sell him immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yes, and good riddance. If he stays he will be sulking. Sell him immediately.
    You must be thinking of somebody else; criticism of Alexis revolves around his trying too hard all the time, if anything. He's certainly no shirker or sulker.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

You must be thinking of somebody else; criticism of Alexis revolves around his trying too hard all the time, if anything. He's certainly no shirker or sulker.
    Agreed. He's no Cesc Fabragas.:traitor: :shark: :skiver:

I wouldn't mind £80 plus for him now...don't mind who he joins.

Wenger has done a great job pricing Mbappe out of move and I think if Alexis went we would tie up a deal for him quickly.

But that's just me...

Most important that we do everything to keep him...if he wants to run his contract down then that's fine...he could change his mind if we start winning major trophies.

Don't really blame him. He can get 300k a week now but if he plays well next season then 500k would be easy money given there's no transfer fee for the club getting him.

Wonder how much the Chinese will pay him if we won the league, he's top goal scorer and smashes a hat trick in our Europa League win?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I wouldn't mind £80 plus for him now...don't mind who he joins.

Wenger has done a great job pricing Mbappe out of move and I think if Alexis went we would tie up a deal for him quickly.

But that's just me...

Most important that we do everything to keep him...if he wants to run his contract down then that's fine...he could change his mind if we start winning major trophies.

Don't really blame him. He can get 300k a week now but if he plays well next season then 500k would be easy money given there's no transfer fee for the club getting him.

Wonder how much the Chinese will pay him if we won the league, he's top goal scorer and smashes a hat trick in our Europa League win?
    Please, T. Let's not bring the frigging Chinese into this, eh; things are complicated enough already. I mean, why has our team gone to Australia, in July? Remember those Summer days when Wenger refused to take the team any further away from London than Benidorm

I mean, why has our team gone to Australia, in July?
    Even Ivan Gazidis is allowed to be seen to be making a living, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Even Ivan Gazidis is allowed to be seen to be making a living, surely?
    I suppose so, but what of the tiredness. Long season ahead and a' that..