Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I turned 17 in the spring of 1982. That year, my girlfriend's family

I turned 17 in the spring of 1982. That year, my girlfriend's family

took a cottage at Herne Bay for the whole summer. She went to live there for the summer holidays, with her parents visiting at weekends, so during the week we shacked up and played mummies and daddies. It was a glorious summer; we lay together in the post-coital glow listening to the waves break on the pebble beach outside accompanied by Irene Cara (on cassette, naturally.)

How can Herne Bay and the soundtrack from the Kids From Fame evoke such romantic memories? :sigh:

Oh youth! Youth! Why must your memory mock and torture us?

Do you have any romantic memories involving odd places, dubious music or fat ugly women?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    took a cottage at Herne Bay for the whole summer. She went to live there for the summer holidays, with her parents visiting at weekends, so during the week we shacked up and played mummies and daddies. It was a glorious summer; we lay together in the post-coital glow listening to the waves break on the pebble beach outside accompanied by Irene Cara (on cassette, naturally.)

How can Herne Bay and the soundtrack from the Kids From Fame evoke such romantic memories? :sigh:

Do you have any romantic memories involving odd places, dubious music or fat ugly women?
    Have you ever been to Herne Bay recently?
    There is nothing left.

Yer mum ...(thanks for the tap in )

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Have you ever been to Herne Bay recently?
    There is nothing left.
    I have not. What do you mean, there is nothing left? (There wasn't all that much there to start with).

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    Yer mum ...(thanks for the tap in )
    You've never seen a real naked ladygirl, have you h?

It's nice. You'd like it.

The great Herne Bay Tsunami of '82!

I expect you were too busy feverishly rimming that girl to notice.

I have not. What do you mean, there is nothing left? (There wasn't all that much there to start with).
    There are hardly any shops.

As you say not much there but there really isn't much left.

I also used to go there when I was 17. There was an ace computer game shop and a sort of 2nd hand type place.
    Woolworths etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    The great Herne Bay Tsunami of '82!

I expect you were too busy feverishly rimming that girl to notice.
    She had great big floppy cheerful titties, h. That much I do remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    There are hardly any shops.

As you say not much there but there really isn't much left.

I also used to go there when I was 17. There was an ace computer game shop and a sort of 2nd hand type place.
    Woolworths etc.
    You used to go there when you were 17 as well? That's amazing, f! We might have bumped into each other!

Small world indeed.

September '92, Santander. Nigel Clough

David White was the fat, ugly bird. Horrid.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."