Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

View Poll Results: Alexi Alexi

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth every penny. Pay £75m in wages over four years

5 29.41%
  • Keep him for one year. He may change his mind when we win the league.

3 17.65%
  • Sell for £50m and reinvest. I'll drive him to Manchester myself.

9 52.94%

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So our diva wants four hundred thousand of our saxon pounds each week.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Bothered, as such.

Just get new players.
    Of course, if the manager agrees with that then fair enough. I just like Him to have the players He wants.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes. I am demanding that Alexis' children live in poverty.
    Thin end of the wedge though, innit. There's no such thing as too much money. Or even enough money.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    Haven't you just had other people do the work for you?*

*Please don't get mad at me
    Lord no. I spent the first 20 years of my career very much in an operational role. It's only in the last 12 or so that I have ruthlessly exploited* hoi polloi to keep me in champagne and caviar.**

*Overpaid and mollycoddled

** Champagne and lobster

Yes. I am demanding that Alexis' children live in poverty.
    Poverty was a touch hyperbolic, but you know as well as I do that true freedom only exists when one has no financial concerns. I have a well-paid job and I'm very lucky*, but where and how I choose to live is dictated by my earnings and always underpinned by my fear of not earning any more

*One makes one's own luck

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Poverty was a touch hyperbolic, but you know as well as I do that true freedom only exists when one has no financial concerns. I have a well-paid job and I'm very lucky*, but where and how I choose to live is dictated by my earnings and always underpinned by my fear of not earning any more
    I thought you were a good Christian, Sir C. True freedom comes only when one is not subject to the vagaries of external things (and, as such, it's a bit of a speculative ideal). But you seem to be admitting this, or you're contradicting yourself with your own anxiety over being at the mercy of Lady Fortuna. 'Ave a word with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    I thought you were a good Christian, Sir C. True freedom comes only when one is not subject to the vagaries of external things (and, as such, it's a bit of a speculative ideal). But you seem to be admitting this, or you're contradicting yourself with your own anxiety over being at the mercy of Lady Fortuna. 'Ave a word with yourself.
    I am more assuredly NOT a 'good' christian; I am a very poor example of the breed. However, more appositely, I am certainly no Buddhist. The Lord helps those who help themselves, you know.

I am more assuredly NOT a 'good' christian; I am a very poor example of the breed. However, more appositely, I am certainly no Buddhist. The Lord helps those who help themselves, you know.
    I think poor old St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, Boethius, et al. would object to being called Buddhists, but fair enough. At least you've got the guilt-game spot on

Poverty was a touch hyperbolic, but you know as well as I do that true freedom only exists when one has no financial concerns.
    Absolutely.

How concerned should one be if one is lacking a private jet and yacht?

Absolutely.

How concerned should one be if one is lacking a private jet and yacht?
    That would depend on the individual. Personally I would have no use for a private jet; they're pokey, claustrophobic things. Much more comfortable to fly BA first class.

Ah, but it is easier for a rich man to enter a camel, than it is for .... hang on ...

It is easier for a needle to enter the eye of a rich man than it is for a camel to .... nope ...

Heaven knows there's a rich man, a camel, a needle and an eye in there somewhere.