Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Something vaguely interesting in the wake of recent terrorist attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sort-of what happened to Kosovo. Once the heart of Serbia.
    Basically, yes. But nobody wants to face up to the fact that a society will alter irrevocably (and for the worse) if you shift the demographics in favour of a particular cultural or religious group. The fantasy has always been that an Eritrean or an Afghan in Britain will magically become British, whereas in fact all that will happen is that, if there are enough of them, they will fundamentally alter what 'Britain' or 'British' means.

This sort of wishful thinking is bizarre. If an Englishman lives in China, does anyone in their right mind think he'll become Chinese? Of course not.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What have you had to endure?
    Sitting on train carriages with the ****s is bad enough.

Ash says he doesn't enjoy walking around London so much anymore, due to the fear of getting mowed down.

Sir Charlie can't even escape them by flying First Class.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But I'm happy to acknowledge that point about every religion. However, that does not absolve Islam. Equally, no other religions today represent a threat to me or to my society except Islam, so why would I bother equivocating about the iniquities of other faiths that don't threaten me or my way of life?
    Ok. Which was the original point, and wasn't made to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Societies and cultures don't exist independent of their religious foundations.

The fact is that the west has evolved into a better, more just, kinder and more liberal place to live precisely because of the inheritance of Christ's teachings and their emphasis on justice, kindness, pity, self-sacrifice and mercy and the way in which those ideals have informed our laws.

By contrast, many Islamic societies are worse places to live precisely because many of the teachings of the Koran are abhorrent, misogynistic, violent and barbaric.
    Still, nothing to get excited about though, is it. My own "teachings" were denounced as abhorrent, misogynistic, violent and barbaric the other day when I questioned the wisdom of buying a new car just to motor the wife about in. One that doesn't reek of dog piss.

We've been involved in real wars abroad lately with hundreds of thousands of casualties and everyone was happy to leave us standing there with just our cocks in our hands (as the man said), but now a few disco dancers and shoppers get done in and everyone's up on their hind legs.

Does anyone at home actually have the bottle to fight back
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Ash says he doesn't enjoy walking around London so much anymore, due to the fear of getting mowed down.

And you stalk Muslims in Hamstead to get your photo taken with them. You put your children at risk for a selfie.

You fiend!

Business, old chap. One doesn't wish to be profligate. The kind of chap who would be vulgar enough to explode himself would never raise the money required to fly in Business, so i feel perfectly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Still, nothing to get excited about though, is it. My own "teachings" were denounced as abhorrent, misogynistic, violent and barbaric the other day when I questioned the wisdom of buying a new car just to motor the wife about in. One that doesn't reek of dog piss.

We've been involved in real wars abroad lately with hundreds of thousands of casualties and everyone was happy to leave us standing there with just our cocks in our hands (as the man said), but now a few disco dancers and shoppers get done in and everyone's up on their hind legs.

Does anyone at home actually have the bottle to fight back
    It's the lack of will that's the problem. We Europeans live in self-negating societies where it has become unacceptable to acknowledge the value and superiority of our culture even as the rest of the world tacitly acknowledges those superiorities by flocking here in their millions from their benighted shītholes.

Even when we fight wars, we fight them for the wrong reasons, in the wrong places and against the wrong people because we're too scared to be honest about what we're trying to achieve. Or - which is worse - we're not really sure ourselves.
    Last edited by Burney; 07-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok. Which was the original point, and wasn't made to you.
    I am happy to do exactly the same and never said otherwise.

Actually the original point was whether terrorists are mentally ill. You seem to be saying they must be because they can't possibly believe all that rubbish and be prepared to kill for it. I then asked you if you feel the same about states that kill gays and apostates. You said that's different because state sanctioned executions are not murder and anyway these laws are only in place because of geopolitics turning religion bad.

I then asked you about why western terrorists who have lived/visited such societies are mentally ill and not simply a product of their environment too. I also asked about muslim honour killings and muslim gang rapes in the UK and which category these fit in. I also asked about fathers who stone their own daughters to death and whether they are mentally ill or a product of their environment. Any chance of a response?
    Last edited by Monty92; 07-12-2017 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And you stalk Muslims in Hamstead to get your photo taken with them. You put your children at risk for a selfie.

You fiend!
    And Mesut doesn't even score that many goals either
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I am happy to do exactly the same and never said otherwise.

Actually the original point was whether terrorists are mentally ill. You seem to be saying they must be because they can't possibly believe all that rubbish and be prepared to kill for it. I then asked you if you feel the same about states that murder gays and apostates. You said that's different because state sanctioned executions are not murder and anyway these laws are only in place because of geopolitics.

I then asked you about why terrorists who have lived/visited such societies are not similarly a product of their environment. I also asked about muslim honour killings and muslim gang rapes in the UK and which category these fit in. I also asked about fathers who stone their own daughters to death and whether they are mentally ill or a product of their environment. Any chance of a response?
    This is the other thing: it has become almost impossible for yer modern, secular, liberal intellectual to comprehend the idea of all-encompassing faith that directs one's actions. The idea of someone actually believing in things like heaven, hell and 72 houris is too much for the modern mind. Which is odd, since mankind has been convinced of such things far longer in historical terms than he hasn't.

It's a failure of empathy. Without understanding that these ****s ACTUALLY MEAN THIS ****, you can't begin to tackle the problem.
    Last edited by Burney; 07-12-2017 at 02:28 PM.