Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Something vaguely interesting in the wake of recent terrorist attacks.

Something vaguely interesting in the wake of recent terrorist attacks.

The news breaks - 8 killed and 47 injured, or 25 killed and 100 injured, and one expects the death toll to increase significantly over the following few days, but it doesn't.

Now injuries from explosions, or from being mown down by a car, are likely to be pretty severe, aren't they? The lesson appears to be that if you can get to a hospital alive, no matter how mangled, quacks will be able to keep you alive.

wd advances in medical science.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The news breaks - 8 killed and 47 injured, or 25 killed and 100 injured, and one expects the death toll to increase significantly over the following few days, but it doesn't.

Now injuries from explosions, or from being mown down by a car, are likely to be pretty severe, aren't they? The lesson appears to be that if you can get to a hospital alive, no matter how mangled, quacks will be able to keep you alive.

And wd the NHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And wd the NHS.
    Yes, it's certainly the case that competent medical treatment is only available in the UK because of a specific funding structure. Yes. In Germany, France, The Netherlands or Switzerland, for example, any injury at all results in immediate death.

Yes.

Golden hour, innit. Emergency medicine is very good now, but then it has been for a long time. I remember reading that in the Korean War, if a seriously wounded soldier got to a MASH unit alive, he had a 97% chance of survival.

Yes, it's certainly the case that competent medical treatment is only available in the UK because of a specific funding structure. Yes. In Germany, France, The Netherlands or Switzerland, for example, any injury at all results in immediate death.

Yes.
    All those places have NHSs, I think. It's just America that doesn't.

Which is why nobody lives over there, I suppose. A man cuts himself shaving? Dead.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I drove over Blackfriars Bridge last week and found myself wondering how many people I'd be able to mow down if it wasn't for those pesky Islamophobic concrete barriers. My strategy would be to target a concentrated group of pedestrians walking in the same direction as my car so they wouldn't see me coming, then ziz-zag wildly and hope to sweep up those who aren't able to react quickly enough after the initial impact (small children, OAPS and disablists).

It would also be funny seeing everyone's reaction when a big nosed jew stepped out the car.

I *may* have been thinking about this a little too deeply as I forgot to pay the Congestion charge and got a £65 fine through the post yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I drove over Blackfriars Bridge last week and found myself wondering how many people I'd be able to mow down if it wasn't for those pesky Islamophobic concrete barriers. My strategy would be to target a concentrated group of pedestrians walking in the same direction as my car so they wouldn't see me coming, then ziz-zag wildly and hope to sweep up those who aren't able to react quickly enough after the initial impact (small children, OAPS and disablists).

It would also be funny seeing everyone's reaction when a big nosed jew stepped out the car.

I *may* have been thinking about this a little too deeply as I forgot to pay the Congestion charge and got a £65 fine through the post yesterday
    I used to do this all the time when I played Grand Theft Auto (the original one). You never got as many people as you thought you would before the cops came and shot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I drove over Blackfriars Bridge last week and found myself wondering how many people I'd be able to mow down if it wasn't for those pesky Islamophobic concrete barriers. My strategy would be to target a concentrated group of pedestrians walking in the same direction as my car so they wouldn't see you coming, then ziz-zag wildly and hope to sweep up those who aren't able to react quickly enough after the initial impact (small children, OAPS and disabelers).

Funnily enough, watching Yottam Ottolenghi on TV in Tunisia the other day, I was reminded that a big-nosed jew looks just the same as a big-nosed Ayrab, so I suspect people would just assume you were one of those Allans.

There must be a way you can turn this easy disguise to your advantage.

Funnily enough, watching Yottam Ottolenghi on TV in Tunisia the other day, I was reminded that a big-nosed jew looks just the same as a big-nosed Ayrab, so I suspect people would just assume you were one of those Allans.

If he were a patriot, he could grow a big beard, infiltrate radical mosques and pretend to be radicalised, passing on vital intelligence about these people to the authorities.

I guess I could offer myself up to the intelligence services?