Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cook out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Excellent.

I ask not from a position of knowledge or expertise (or indeed experience) but from a chap who has watched endless programmes on the television about the Yankee and their confusingly named barbecue.

Indeed there is a current program running called Man Fire Food which is 100% dedicated to the cooking of meat over wood. “Check it out”, as they themselves would say. They tend to use many woods, oak for example for long burning, others for flavour as you suggest.

Essentially, and in summary, they are ****ing nutters.

How long are we smoking for?
    I have seen that programme a couple of times. I find the fellow a little too American for my tastes, if you follow my meaning.

Work will commence early with injecting the meat. Beef stock and a touch of vinegar. Then we will rub with mustard and apply a simple rub of salt, pepper, celery salt, onion powder and garlic granules.

It's only a small brisket, some 5 lbs total, so I think we'll go for 3 hours with smoke, then wrapped for a further 3 hours or until we reach the ideal internal temperature of 95 degrees.

If you would like I could film the whole process in a redneck style.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have seen that programme a couple of times. I find the fellow a little too American for my tastes, if you follow my meaning.

Work will commence early with injecting the meat. Beef stock and a touch of vinegar. Then we will rub with mustard and apply a simple rub of salt, pepper, celery salt, onion powder and garlic granules.

It's only a small brisket, some 5 lbs total, so I think we'll go for 3 hours with smoke, then wrapped for a further 3 hours or until we reach the ideal internal temperature of 95 degrees.

If you would like I could film the whole process in a redneck style
    There is no need. I'm on a 9:20 flight into Gatwick so you can pick me up say 11 to allow for a slash and to be stopped at security.

Stop off on the way back to yours for 4-5 pints and say food around 3 bells?

Lay off the beak until after the grub, taxi into your local nightclub around 10.

If you would like I could film the whole process in a redneck style.
    Of course he is an arséhole, one expects that.

He is also very small.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is no need. I'm on a 9:20 flight into Gatwick so you can pick me up say 11 to allow for a slash and to be stopped at security.

Stop off on the way back to yours for 4-5 pints and say food around 3 bells?

Lay off the beak until after the grub, taxi into your local nightclub around 10.
    Sounds good. As it will be a hot day, I'm going to recommend a glass of rosé with the meal.

Sounds good. As it will be a hot day, I'm going to recommend a glass of rosé with the meal.
    You have gays coming to this soiree?

Very open minded of you, modern.

sw would probably punch your lights out if you offered him a rosé
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    sw would probably punch your lights out if you offered him a rosé
    Thank you IUFG.

I have it covered. Barbeque, there will be knives. Say no more.

Rosé. Fúcks sake.