Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: United agree £75m fee for Lukaku

United agree £75m fee for Lukaku

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    This does not concern me. He'll get a few more than what Ibrahimovic gave them last season.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Good player. Wenger out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good player. Wenger out.
    Our Everton correspondent is less than impressed with him. Has to be said so is his new manager, otherwise why sell him a couple of years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Our Everton correspondent is less than impressed with him. Has to be said so is his new manager, otherwise why sell him a couple of years ago
    I would have to bow to PRSB of course (not literally you understand) but always struck me as very good forward option in an average team.

Less of a risk perhaps than Morata who may have cost more.

The previous with Mourinho I wouldn't read too much into, very odd club in their past transfer dealings with the likes of Matic who they sold and bought back, others such as Salah and Cuadrado where you would wonder why they ever bought them, then the obvious de Bruyne and this lad.

Fúcked up really.

Fine player but lost some of his drive and skills when he cut his hair

Dreadlocked Lukaku was unplayable imo

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think, if you want to win the league, you haven't really got time to nurture young strikers. Sadly, there's no patience anymore. It's just as well to let them develop somewhere else and even buy them back, if necessary, later when they're ready.

I gather we've been watching our new chap for many years but Wenger was never really convinced. Until now, after the last couple of years AL has had.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I would have to bow to PRSB of course (not literally you understand) but always struck me as very good forward option in an average team.

Less of a risk perhaps than Morata who may have cost more.

The previous with Mourinho I wouldn't read too much into, very odd club in their past transfer dealings with the likes of Matic who they sold and bought back, others such as Salah and Cuadrado where you would wonder why they ever bought them, then the obvious de Bruyne and this lad.

Fúcked up really.
    Yes, ideally you want to shop in the Premier League. It's just not possible all the time.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think, if you want to win the league, you haven't really got time to nurture young strikers. Sadly, there's no patience anymore. It's just as well to let them develop somewhere else and even buy them back, if necessary, later when they're ready.

I gather we've been watching our new chap for many years but Wenger was never really convinced. Until now, after the last couple of years AL has had.
    Essentially you are saying he is a panic buy, a player he never rated, a player forced upon him?

Essentially you are saying he is a panic buy, a player he never rated, a player forced upon him?
    Not at all. I think He just wanted to see more from him.

No, you're right