Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have resisted to 'name' them

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Kelly Jones my hole. Fúcking Welsh midget.

I knew I recognised the axe, as such.

"Also present on the new album is his cherry-red 1968 Gibson SG, which Weller flat-out calls the greatest guitar he’s ever owned."
    It would appear that the Jones connection is the more important. "His main guitar is a cherry red Gibson SG, now widely known as the "Kellycaster"."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It would appear that the Jones connection is the more important. "His main guitar is a cherry red Gibson SG, now widely known as the "Kellycaster"."
    Must say I have never really understood the success or attraction of the Welsh trio.

I met the original drummer (now dead) on a night out in Cardiff, night before our cup final win over United. A chaotic night of alcohol and beak ensued, from a small city centre nightclub to a domestic premise in Roath.

Despite being life-long friends he did not speak kindly on occasion about your Mr Jones.

Are they still a going concern?

Must say I have never really understood the success or attraction of the Welsh trio.

I met the original drummer (now dead) on a night out in Cardiff, night before our cup final win over United. A chaotic night of alcohol and beak ensued, from a small city centre nightclub to a domestic premise in Roath.

Despite being life-long friends he did not speak kindly on occasion about your Mr Jones.

I believe they are still playing live and releasing music, although I don't suppose I've bought an album of theirs in 15 years. I've seen them live a few times and very much enjoy their show. They have quite a brutal guitar sound which appeals to my inner rocker, and Jones can really sing. I'd suggest that with a little more quality in the writing department they could have been quite a huge phenomenon.

I believe they are still playing live and releasing music, although I don't suppose I've bought an album of theirs in 15 years. I've seen them live a few times and very much enjoy their show. They have quite a brutal guitar sound which appeals to my inner rocker, and Jones can really sing. I'd suggest that with a little more quality in the writing department they could have been quite a huge phenomenon.
    Have you started to compile the play list for Saturday afternoon's tear up yet?

Have you started to compile the play list for Saturday afternoon's tear up yet?
    I have. All bootleg stuff, naturally. We'll start with 'Live at The Filmore East, 1978'. That's good for 3 and a half hours. Then, for a complete change of gear, we'll get bang up to date with 'Live at the Ricoh, Coventry, 2015'. That's another 4 hours.

I have. All bootleg stuff, naturally. We'll start with 'Live at The Filmore East, 1978'. That's good for 3 and a half hours. Then, for a complete change of gear, we'll get bang up to date with 'Live at the Ricoh, Coventry, 2015'. That's another 4 hours.
    Okay, interesting. That should see us through to tea time.

And just out of curiosity what is the approximate journey time to your nearest A+E department?

Okay, interesting. That should see us through to tea time.

And just out of curiosity what is the approximate journey time to your nearest A+E department?
    I shall be interested in your opinion of my patented Perfect Weekend Drug Cocktail™. Bear in mind you may not sleep until Thursday.

This is one of the things about drug use. It's great and everything, but the wild, wonderful nights all too often ended up with you in some ****ty council house in a completely unfamiliar area wondering how the fûck you're going to get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is one of the things about drug use. It's great and everything, but the wild, wonderful nights all too often ended up with you in some ****ty council house in a completely unfamiliar area wondering how the fûck you're going to get home.
    Since you ask, an expensive cab back to Newport in search of a few hours kip, which did not occur, before back into Cardiff for the match and naturally back on the whole ri-ra again.

In summary, and without any sense of melodrama, it was a complete fúcking disaster,

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I used to do all that perfectly straight and sober. In Oxford
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."