Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I have resisted to 'name' them

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Gibson SG, innit. As wielded to great effect by Kelly Jones.

You can say whatever you like about the Stereophonics, but Kelly Jones hammering his SG is a wondrous sight and sound.

He has a fine collection of tan leather jackets, you know.
    Kelly Jones my hole. Fúcking Welsh midget.

I knew I recognised the axe, as such.

"Also present on the new album is his cherry-red 1968 Gibson SG, which Weller flat-out calls the greatest guitar he’s ever owned."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Kelly Jones my hole. Fúcking Welsh midget.

I knew I recognised the axe, as such.

"Also present on the new album is his cherry-red 1968 Gibson SG, which Weller flat-out calls the greatest guitar he’s ever owned."
    It would appear that the Jones connection is the more important. "His main guitar is a cherry red Gibson SG, now widely known as the "Kellycaster"."

It would appear that the Jones connection is the more important. "His main guitar is a cherry red Gibson SG, now widely known as the "Kellycaster"."
    Must say I have never really understood the success or attraction of the Welsh trio.

I met the original drummer (now dead) on a night out in Cardiff, night before our cup final win over United. A chaotic night of alcohol and beak ensued, from a small city centre nightclub to a domestic premise in Roath.

Despite being life-long friends he did not speak kindly on occasion about your Mr Jones.

Are they still a going concern?

Must say I have never really understood the success or attraction of the Welsh trio.

I met the original drummer (now dead) on a night out in Cardiff, night before our cup final win over United. A chaotic night of alcohol and beak ensued, from a small city centre nightclub to a domestic premise in Roath.

Despite being life-long friends he did not speak kindly on occasion about your Mr Jones.

Are they still a going concern?
    I believe they are still playing live and releasing music, although I don't suppose I've bought an album of theirs in 15 years. I've seen them live a few times and very much enjoy their show. They have quite a brutal guitar sound which appeals to my inner rocker, and Jones can really sing. I'd suggest that with a little more quality in the writing department they could have been quite a huge phenomenon.

I believe they are still playing live and releasing music, although I don't suppose I've bought an album of theirs in 15 years. I've seen them live a few times and very much enjoy their show. They have quite a brutal guitar sound which appeals to my inner rocker, and Jones can really sing. I'd suggest that with a little more quality in the writing department they could have been quite a huge phenomenon.
    Have you started to compile the play list for Saturday afternoon's tear up yet?

Have you started to compile the play list for Saturday afternoon's tear up yet?
    I have. All bootleg stuff, naturally. We'll start with 'Live at The Filmore East, 1978'. That's good for 3 and a half hours. Then, for a complete change of gear, we'll get bang up to date with 'Live at the Ricoh, Coventry, 2015'. That's another 4 hours.

I have. All bootleg stuff, naturally. We'll start with 'Live at The Filmore East, 1978'. That's good for 3 and a half hours. Then, for a complete change of gear, we'll get bang up to date with 'Live at the Ricoh, Coventry, 2015'. That's another 4 hours.
    Okay, interesting. That should see us through to tea time.

And just out of curiosity what is the approximate journey time to your nearest A+E department?

Coventry was 2013 and 2016.