Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't like this trend of announcing signings on social media

I don't like this trend of announcing signings on social media

New players doing keepy uppies in training, engaging in lighthearted banter behind the scenes with their new team mates. That Aston Villa Whatsapp mock up was cringeworthy.

Bring back the old days I say

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post
    New players doing keepy uppies in training, engaging in lighthearted banter behind the scenes with their new team mates. That Aston Villa Whatsapp mock up was cringeworthy.

Bring back decent spelling too, I say. And also suitable, tasteful trousers.

How do you feel about social media generally? I'm not sure we can really blame football clubs from wanting a piece of it. Having said that, our announcement of young Alex yesterday was rather well done and understated, I thought

#LacaNewSigning
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

How do you feel about social media generally? I'm not sure we can really blame football clubs from wanting a piece of it. Having said that, our announcement of young Alex yesterday was rather well done and understated, I thought

#LacaNewSigning
    So they are aware the sort of things that us Arsenal fans have to put up with.

Are they taking the piss out of us or Wenger?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

#LacaNewSigning
    I can't see where it all ends. Each club's social media dept will try to one up the previous attempt. Before long, we'll have Periscope videos of the negotiations. Actually, that'd be interesting. I'm in favour of that

The other sneaky thing these players do, is suddenly follow another player at the club they are being linked to. Then it appears all over SM. Yesterday, Mahrez followed Sanogo on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

When we sell Alexis to City they should announce it using a #SFC hashtag

No no it means Sound Financial Control

Quote Originally Posted by Brentwood View Post

Now that was a great day

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Now that was a great day
    It was the day your peculiar trousers fetish started?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Now that was a great day
    It's incredible to me that you remember any of it.

The absolute state of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's incredible to me that you remember any of it.

The absolute state of you.
    Just didn't start drinking early enough - poor show really

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

I don't think it's taking the piss. It's a sign of a self-assured, confident club; we're comfortable and cool with what we are, what we've become and what people say about us ( Anyway, at least our marketing department is ).

We're in good humour, we're in on the joke and we can afford a little laugh at our own expense. We don't take ourselves too seriously.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."