Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food/dishes that you're supposed to think are great, but who you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No trays in business, f. A fresh white tablecloth, a little vase with a flower, and proper silver cruet sets
    I like the aircraft with feet salt and pepper pots they have on Virgin long haul
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    KLM to Darkest Africa, flying through the night with, what with hindsight almost certainly became, half of ISIS or Al qaeda dug in at the back in the galley swigging wine and spirits miniatures two or three at a time and scoffing all the food and snacks.

If only we'd known, eh
    KLM continue to serve more destinations in east Africa than BA. 'Go figure', as I believe the cousins would have it.

I am a big fan of Kenya Airways business class on their 787s. Jolly comfortable and the service is keen and attentive, if occasionally a little rough around the edges. I like it especially because the calm, relaxed atmosphere is such a contrast to the scrum upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I like the aircraft with feet salt and pepper pots they have on Virgin long haul
    I've only ever flown Virgin once. Delhi, I think it was. Most of their flights are to tourist destinations, aren't they? :sniff:

No trays in business, f. A fresh white tablecloth, a little vase with a flower, and proper silver cruet sets
    I never have the chance to do so.
    Though I have a friend who seems to do it for a hobby not sure how he gets all these deals.

KLM continue to serve more destinations in east Africa than BA. 'Go figure', as I believe the cousins would have it.

I am a big fan of Kenya Airways business class on their 787s. Jolly comfortable and the service is keen and attentive, if occasionally a little rough around the edges. I like it especially because the calm, relaxed atmosphere is such a contrast to the scrum upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta
    Ah, yes. I remember well, the child redgunamo being loosed off into the heart of Africa in the middle of the night, with firm instructions to run like mad for the plane and fight like crazy to secure our seats; no modern nonsense like boarding passes or anything back then. Not even a proper airport terminal building, just some shacks full of people dressed like they'd walked in from the Old Testament accompanied by their farmyard animals.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

So Kenyan Airways is decent?

I was half tempted to use them for my last trip to Durban...the flight was scheduled to stop off in Eithipioa before carrying on to Durbs...just figure afterwards I could say I've been to Eithiopia innit

--

Funny story...back in the day I would reimburse board members for the flights to London for the Annual Board meeting...so they would give me their receipts and I would reimburse...1st class travel allowed...no restrictions

However there were was this one guy who just gave me a print out of a BA 1st class return flight to pay....I checked with my boss and he said it was ok to accept.

I later found out he had flown over on Iranian airways in the cheeep seats

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    So Kenyan Airways is decent?

I was half tempted to use them for my last trip to Durban...the flight was scheduled to stop off in Eithipioa before carrying on to Durbs...just figure afterwards I could say I've been to Eithiopia innit

--

Funny story...back in the day I would reimburse board members for the flights to London for the Annual Board meeting...so they would give me their receipts and I would reimburse...1st class travel allowed...no restrictions

However there were was this one guy who just gave me a print out of a BA 1st class return flight to pay....I checked with my boss and he said it was ok to accept.

I later found out he had flown over on Iranian airways in the cheeep seats
    Yep, Kenya Airways is more than decent. New fleet and trying hard.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Ah, yes. I remember well, the child redgunamo being loosed off into the heart of Africa in the middle of the night, with firm instructions to run like mad for the plane and fight like crazy to secure our seats; no modern nonsense like boarding passes or anything back then. Not even a proper airport terminal building, just some shacks full of people dressed like they'd walked in from the Old Testament accompanied by their farmyard animals.
    The fire that burnt Jomo Kenyatta down a couple of years ago actually improved things a bit, I think.