Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Mahrez any good? I've seen him play only when Arsenal have played Leicester.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    No. I used to play football with a lad who had exactly those stick legs and he was a nightmare. He was scared of taking a tackle and would raise a foot in self-defence, so he regularly kicked people in the chest. Many is the scrap I have saved him from.

It simply will not do.
    When you used to play football they had a 2-3-5 formation, lace up footballs and tape for crossbars... in short, you are living in the past and should be put down for your own good
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

No. I used to play football with a lad who had exactly those stick legs and he was a nightmare. He was scared of taking a tackle and would raise a foot in self-defence, so he regularly kicked people in the chest. Many is the scrap I have saved him from.

It simply will not do.
    I'm thinking of Darren Anderton's legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    If he joins Sir C. I think a good idea would be to turn your back every time he has the ball.
    Perhaps hire a person to tell you when he no longer has the ball.
    I'm not turning my back on him, f. He's the explosive type.

I'm not turning my back on him, f. He's the explosive type.
    Ah, now we're at the nub of it. Mind you, we'd have quite the cell, wouldn't we? Mustafa, Ozil, Mahrez, Elneny, Xhaka.

This could be the Allans' next fiendish plot imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ah, now we're at the nub of it. Mind you, we'd have quite the cell, wouldn't we? Mustafa, Ozil, Mahrez, Elneny, Xhaka.

This could be the Allans' next fiendish plot imo.
    Yes, the christmas lunch must be a fúcking blast.

I want answers.
    When he is good he is good but he is exactly the kind of player who will have long spells where he is hugely ineffective.

Good replacement for Walcott.

Yes, the christmas lunch must be a fúcking blast.
    Well let's hope it's not, eh?

I want answers.
    If you look up one season wonder in a dictionary you will see a picture of Mahrez.

Fair chance he is a terrorist also.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    When he is good he is good but he is exactly the kind of player who will have long spells where he is hugely ineffective.

Good replacement for Walcott.
    At least he's cheaper than Mesut
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."