Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pjanic on the streets of Islington?

Pjanic on the streets of Islington?

What does he do, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What does he do, anyway?
    Midfield footballer for Juventus.

Would be nice with someone who knows how to take a freekick. It makes sense with Cazorla being dead and all.
    Lacazette, Pjanic, Lemar, Mbappe, and Mahrez Long gone are the days of Trabelsi, Kalou and Sebastien Frey rumors

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Midfield footballer for Juventus.
    What sort of midfield footballer, sw? Holding midfielder? Deep-lying playmaker? No. 10?

I need facts man, not wishy-washy vagueness.

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    Would be nice with someone who knows how to take a freekick
    And Calhanoglu has gone to Milan
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Calhan is just too good

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What sort of midfield footballer, sw? Holding midfielder? Deep-lying playmaker? No. 10?

I need facts man, not wishy-washy vagueness.
    I am not sure why you wish to dumb down your understanding of the game to playground terminology such as “holding”.

One thing MP is not is a player whose focus is on defensive duties within a team structure, yet having played in Italy he is not adverse to the defensive side of the game. Is he a play maker, certainly he can be, is he restricted in his positioning and movement as to be “deep lying”, he is not.

I would say he could fulfil any positon in a midfield in a similar way to Cazorla could, yet you would not dream of labelling SC as a holding player or such like.

He is a very intelligent player on the ball, bought by Juventus to replace Pogba but to see one as a clone of the other would be incorrect and would simply further embarrass you down the pub when you offered the duo as a conversation piece.

What is going on here anyway, is he now being linked with a move from Juventus to Arsenal after but one season?

I am not sure why you wish to dumb down your understanding of the game to playground terminology such as “holding”.

One thing MP is not is a player whose focus is on defensive duties within a team structure, yet having played in Italy he is not adverse to the defensive side of the game. Is he a play maker, certainly he can be, is he restricted in his positioning and movement as to be “deep lying”, he is not.

I would say he could fulfil any positon in a midfield in a similar way to Cazorla could, yet you would not dream of labelling SC as a holding player or such like.

He is a very intelligent player on the ball, bought by Juventus to replace Pogba but to see one as a clone of the other would be incorrect and would simply further embarrass you down the pub when you offered the duo as a conversation piece.

What is going on here anyway, is he now being linked with a move from Juventus to Arsenal after but one season?
    OOOOOh look at you becoming the knowledge on here
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He's certainly developed well in recent years. In his early days at Lyon he sometimes looked like a bit of a flaky number ten. A bit of Italian coaching has done wonders for him though. Last season Allegri used him in CM against Barcelona and he ran the show. Sounds like the end for poor old Santi though?

Quote Originally Posted by the splendor of antigone View Post
    Calhan is just too good
    Loved that show

Edward-Woodward-as-Callan-010.jpg