Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is there so much negativity for Mr Lacazette

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Different matter entirely when talking about other players obviously. Strikers though, especially fifty million pound ones, must do three things: They have to win you the league and the European Cup, whilst being your very best goalscorer.

It's complicated
    What if an opposition team has a more expensive striker?

Different matter entirely when talking about other players obviously. Strikers though, especially fifty million pound ones, must do three things: They have to win you the league and the European Cup, whilst being your very best goalscorer.

It's complicated
    50 million quid for some bloke who's had a couple of good seasons in France, though. The world's gone mad.

I remember when Trevor Francis became the first million pound player.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    £975,000 plus VAT.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

50 million quid for some bloke who's had a couple of good seasons in France, though. The world's gone mad.

I remember when Malcom McDonald became the first 1/3 of a million pound player

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I remember when Malcom McDonald became the first 1/3 of a million pound player
    it has gone mental in the last few years though innit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progre...fer_fee_record
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

£32.5 mill to £80 mill

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What if an opposition team has a more expensive striker?
    Wenger out obviously
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, so do I. At least he won the European Cup, I suppose. Alongside dear old Viv Anderson.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Yes, so do I. At least he won the European Cup, I suppose. Alongside dear old Viv Anderson.
    Cloughie told him after the game that he was 'lucky' to have scored the goal and won a European Cup because he'd played so poorly

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Indeed