Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is there so much negativity for Mr Lacazette

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    is it just normal that we moan about everything.
    Until he proves to be better than TH14, he will be just another Chamakh wannabe imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He just needs to be better than Giroud. I hope he is....
    Well he doesn't even get in the France squad because Giroud and Mbappe are considered better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    is it just normal that we moan about everything.

I think he's going to be quite good.

Or is a case people are jumping to conclusions to assume he is a replacement for Sanchez. Wait and see what else we do imo.

And actually I think Sanchez will stay.
    I suspect at £50m people expect a superstar, a marquee forward signing etc. He is also coming from Ligue1 which some people will have reservations about, though the same people would suck your gonads at the prospect of signing Mbappe.

Lacazette is neither superstar nor marquee however he may well turn out to be absolutely brilliant for us and the fee soon forgotten, until he has a few shít games and it will come up.

There is then the Sanchez issue – has he been signed to play with or as some form of direct or indirect replacement, the former and he undoubtedly strengthens us, the latter and who knows.

Sadly in modern football £50m is no longer that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well he doesn't even get in the France squad because Giroud and Mbappe are considered better.
    Aside from the fact that he is in the French squad you make a valid point

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Aside from the fact that he is in the French squad you make a valid point
    Ah yes, 11 caps, 1 goal.

He looks a better finisher than Welbeck, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect at £50m people expect a superstar, a marquee forward signing etc. He is also coming from Ligue1 which some people will have reservations about, though the same people would suck your gonads at the prospect of signing Mbappe.

Lacazette is neither superstar nor marquee however he may well turn out to be absolutely brilliant for us and the fee soon forgotten, until he has a few shít games and it will come up.

There is then the Sanchez issue – has he been signed to play with or as some form of direct or indirect replacement, the former and he undoubtedly strengthens us, the latter and who knows.

Sadly in modern football £50m is no longer that expensive.
    With respect, to Pluto with modern football; that is an enormous amount of money for us. We need it to work out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Ah yes, 11 caps, 1 goal.

I am very sorry to have to say it but your mum looks a better finisher than Welbeck
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    With respect, to Pluto with modern football; that is an enormous amount of money for us. We need it to work out.
    He will score goals, of that I have no doubt at all. On that basis the signing will be a success.

Will we win the league, the champions league, will we even qualify for it next season or the season after, who knows. Will his signing and the associated cost be viewed in this way?

I have read people commenting that we spent 100m last summer on Mustafi, Xhaka and others yet finished 5th so in effect we spent 100m and ended up worse. A naïve and schoolboy analysis of events which overlooks the quality of the individual players.

Ah yes, 11 caps, 1 goal.

Mbappe 4 caps 0 goals doesn't stop you wetting your pants over him

At least you admit your original point was wrong though

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He will score goals, of that I have no doubt at all. On that basis the signing will be a success.

Will we win the league, the champions league, will we even qualify for it next season or the season after, who knows. Will his signing and the associated cost be viewed in this way?

I have read people commenting that we spent 100m last summer on Mustafi, Xhaka and others yet finished 5th so in effect we spent 100m and ended up worse. A naïve and schoolboy analysis of events which overlooks the quality of the individual players.
    Different matter entirely when talking about other players obviously. Strikers though, especially fifty million pound ones, must do three things: They have to win you the league and the European Cup, whilst being your very best goalscorer.

It's complicated