Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lacazette currently having his medical according

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He really is a pompous arse, isn't he? I've heard him suggest that the Who were nothing to do with Daltrey, Moon and Entwhistle, and that he was the only talented one.
    they asked him what songs he doesn't like to play he said any that Roger likes.
    I can't remember what else he said but he was so full of it.

He really is a pompous arse, isn't he? I've heard him suggest that the Who were nothing to do with Daltrey, Moon and Entwhistle, and that he was the only talented one.
    LOL! One of the best rhythm sections of any band in history and it was all about him? Jog on, Pete.

Mind you, I'll always maintain that The Who somehow contrived to be less than the sum of their parts.

The Who are an overrated pop band. Few good songs but boring to listen to much of the tme. Characterless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    they asked him what songs he doesn't like to play he said any that Roger likes.
    I can't remember what else he said but he was so full of it.
    Yes, the impression I get is that he never really liked Daltrey; simply didn't like his sort. RD is working class scum, only in it for the beer and the birds and to keep from being a factory worker all his life, whereas Pete went to art school, don't you know, and his parents were both professional musicians; the sort of desperate middle class that despises the even lower orders.

Townshend obviously has a profound and deep respect for him but, as I say, just not really his sort. For Pete it's all about artistic expression, for Roger it was all about escaping a dead-end life.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, the impression I get is that he never really liked Daltrey; simply didn't like his sort. RD is working class scum, only in it for the beer and the birds and to keep from being a factory worker all his life, whereas Pete went to art school, don't you know, and his parents were both professional musicians; the sort of desperate middle class that despises the even lower orders.

Townshend obviously has a profound and deep respect for him but, as I say, just not really his sort. For Pete it's all about artistic expression, for Roger it was all about escaping a dead-end life.
    I feel compelled to set you people straight. It's a shame that you underrate The Who, as they're your countrymen. You probably have a chubby for The Kinks, who are the musical equivalent of Walcott. Good PR, fancy accent, no ball skills.

The Who created an amazingly distinctive sound. They also had about twenty good songs, so definitely not beatles or rolling stones but no slouches either. They had a hell of a lot of confidence, too, which is a not to be-underrated quality. They had "good" crap songs, songs which were a melody and little else. I think of Maryanne with the Shaky Hands.

In short, your arguments about class distinctions are a load of titwaenk.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I feel compelled to set you people straight. It's a shame that you underrate The Who, as they're your countrymen. You probably have a chubby for The Kinks, who are the musical equivalent of Walcott. Good PR, fancy accent, no ball skills.

The Who created an amazingly distinctive sound. They also had about twenty good songs, so definitely not beatles or rolling stones but no slouches either. They had a hell of a lot of confidence, too, which is a not to be-underrated quality. They had "good" crap songs, songs which were a melody and little else. I think of Maryanne with the Shaky Hands.

Thanks.
    I'll call you a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post

Thanks.
    You don't half talk some b0llocks, EGA.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    to the Mirror

This must be an extremely thorough medical. They've had time to take him apaprt and rebuild him by now.

This must be an extremely thorough medical. They've had time to take him apaprt and rebuild him by now.
    They need to take all the pretty pictures of him in his kit and all the gumpf that goes with announcing a new player.

Mind you, given our track record a proper medical might not be a bad idea

Often the way with his sort. I expect he needs some time to unwind.