Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So what's the opinion on the people who were subletting their flats at Grenfell Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    As always, I hope you're right. But I fear you overplay the extent to which voters are influenced by "fear". I think only a small number vote on such visceral grounds. The big concern is that Labour, much like Trump, have managed to create a political climate in which voting for an outsider who doesn't look or sound like your average politician, feels fun and exciting. And we don't know how much more that can be pushed.

I worry about how many friends of friends will be co-erced into voting for Corbyn next time round. Granted, many of these will be in safe Labour seats, but we simply don't know how far this style of campaigning can go.
    My suspicion is that a confident, Corbyn-led Labour Party will become increasingly off-putting, since it will start to show its very ugly side as it starts to look less bumbling and more sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They're definitely pushing the 'murdering Tories' idea, and pushing it hard. It's clear that the intention is o produce a febrile atmosphere, just ripe for Momentum to let the SWP hordes off the leash, as well as Lammy working on the residents of Tottenham to get out and hack a copper's head off.
    They've already sent activists to smash up Kensington and Chelsea town hall under the guise of them being distraught residents. This is what the left, red in tooth and claw, is like. People have forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    they have bottled out of prosecuting anyone solely because of the left have turned an absolute tragedy into a political hot potato.
    Do you really think that They won't prosecute as it is impossible to say who was illegally sub letting as most of them are dead.... they want to try to find out who died and what number died, they can't do that if they don't find out who was in the flats, they can't do that if the legal renters won't say as they will be prosecuted.

It's usual tosh, "they won't prosecute because of the left winf etc etc"... council is Tory, Govt is Tory so it is their decision not to prosecute.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do wonder how much people are actually swallowing, though. I think there are a lot of voters out there who were probably quite scared by how close they came to creating a Corbyn government and will be unlikely to make that mistake again.
    I thought you weren't ever going to make election predictions again??

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Do you really think that
    I do. I think Berni clarified it better as "party political'.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I do. I think Berni clarified it better as "party political'.
    imho, what a load of *******s. They want to know how many people died, unless they know who were in the flats they can't do that. the only way they can find out is by getting the rightful tenants to admit who was actually living there.