Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Should really show some respect to Sonny Bill Williams

Should really show some respect to Sonny Bill Williams

Rather excellent start to the weekend even if I did miss most of the first half thanks to a fire on the Ubahn. Watching the decided in a bar in Frankfurt with a bunch of Irishmen and two very moody Kiwis

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Rather excellent start to the weekend even if I did miss most of the first half thanks to a fire on the Ubahn. Watching the decided in a bar in Frankfurt with a bunch of Irishmen and two very moody Kiwis
    Are you suggesting BIL would not have won had the match stayed 15 v 15.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Are you suggesting BIL would not have won had the match stayed 15 v 15.

Not if they kept giving away silly penalties (though some of them may have been the ref trying to "even" things up). Think we can play a lot better though - actually played the best rugby when it was 14v14. Fully expect the All Blacks to win at the weekend but if we defend like we have done for the Saturday games (bar the blackouts of the first test, who knows). Get Lawes in for Jones and McGrath for Mako would also be good

Not if they kept giving away silly penalties (though some of them may have been the ref trying to "even" things up). Think we can play a lot better though - actually played the best rugby when it was 14v14. Fully expect the All Blacks to win at the weekend but if we defend like we have done for the Saturday games (bar the blackouts of the first test, who knows). Get Lawes in for Jones and McGrath for Mako would also be good
    Great game I thought, don’t really understand the nuances of the game enough for in depth analysis but certainly compelling viewing.

I know Sky are really hyping the bejaysus out of it but their coverage is superb with Quinnell and Greenwood like two over excited teenagers, albeit very knowledgeable teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Great game I thought, don’t really understand the nuances of the game enough for in depth analysis but certainly compelling viewing.

I know Sky are really hyping the bejaysus out of it but their coverage is superb with Quinnell and Greenwood like two over excited teenagers, albeit very knowledgeable teenagers.
    I love Quinnell's voice - seems to be at least one extra syllable in every word

I helped myself to the 5/1 before kick off

I thought some of the criticism they got from the warm up games and the first match were over the top....saw enough from the first game for me to believe and improved sides would give the All Blacks something to think about and 5/1 was a bet.

I know the made heavy work of beating 14 men but it's the All Blacks...at home...in desperate conditions...

As far as I'm concerned it's job done.

Fancy them to step up again and win the series. This time Id like to see them score first...put a try on the board and then let Farrel put them under pressure with his kicking...let's see how they respond to being on the back foot from the word go. This final game is made for the Lions...

Maro will be MOTM imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I helped myself to the 5/1 before kick off

I thought some of the criticism they got from the warm up games and the first match were over the top....saw enough from the first game for me to believe and improved sides would give the All Blacks something to think about and 5/1 was a bet.

I know the made heavy work of beating 14 men but it's the All Blacks...at home...in desperate conditions...

As far as I'm concerned it's job done.

Fancy them to step up again and win the series. This time Id like to see them score first...put a try on the board and then let Farrel put them under pressure with his kicking...let's see how they respond to being on the back foot from the word go. This final game is made for the Lions...

Maro will be MOTM imo
    Wise words t. Definitely need to get our noses in front - that Farrell kick was the only time in two matches when we have been

I was astonished to learn that Sonny isn't a nickname, but his actual given name. And that his full name is Sonny William Williams.

These Kiwis are fûcking idiots imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was astonished to learn that Sonny isn't a nickname, but his actual given name. And that his full name is Sonny William Williams.

These Kiwis are fûcking idiots imo.
    I was surrounded by them on Saturday - **** knows how they all end up in Germany. Wonderfully sore losers as well

I was surrounded by them on Saturday - **** knows how they all end up in Germany. Wonderfully sore losers as well
    They're a very weird lot. Rugby is their main source of national pride and the measure by which they all see, to judge themselves, so they take it absurdly seriously. To be male and bad at rugby in New Zealand is essentially to be classed as a failure.