Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Took me three hours to drive back into town from Brands Hatch yesterday. :-(

Took me three hours to drive back into town from Brands Hatch yesterday. :-(

Accident in the Blackwall tunnel = bad news. Peeled off on the road to Greenwich but that was solid too. Managed about two miles in two hours.

Nearly stayed on the A20 through Lewisham too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Accident in the Blackwall tunnel = bad news. Peeled off on the road to Greenwich but that was solid too. Managed about two miles in two hours.

Nearly stayed on the A20 through Lewisham too.
    Just the thought of the Blackwall Tunnel gives me nightmares. Coming home from CL games when it's búggered is an experience I don't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Just the thought of the Blackwall Tunnel gives me nightmares. Coming home from CL games when it's búggered is an experience I don't miss.
    I was at the epicentre of an accident on the northern approach once. Circa 1983. I was in the front passenger seat in a 3 litre Capri bombing down the third lane at about 80mph (and not feeling entirely comfortable as we entered the 30mph zone) when a yellow van pulled out of the middle lane without indicating and smacked us into the central reservation. The front-right of the car scrunched up to just in front of the driver's feet and span round into the middle of the road where miraculously no-one hit us. We both jumped out unscathed.

Not sure how far the tailback went that day, but my mate had to phone his dad to explain what had happened to his dad's brand new car. "Can you drive it home?" his dad asked.

I was at the epicentre of an accident on the northern approach once. Circa 1983. I was in the front passenger seat in a 3 litre Capri bombing down the third lane at about 80mph (and not feeling entirely comfortable as we entered the 30mph zone) when a yellow van pulled out of the middle lane without indicating and smacked us into the central reservation. The front-right of the car scrunched up to just in front of the driver's feet and span round into the middle of the road where miraculously no-one hit us. We both jumped out unscathed.

Not sure how far the tailback went that day, but my mate had to phone his dad to explain what had happened to his dad's brand new car. "Can you drive it home?" his dad asked.

Waste of a good car, that.

That does remind me of the time a bloke rear-ended me in the Blackwall Tunnel on my way home from football.

I had thon Curly in the car, as well Poor chap, he was traumatised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That does remind me of the time a bloke rear-ended me in the Blackwall Tunnel on my way home from football.

I had thon Curly in the car, as well Poor chap, he was traumatised.
    Funny - he's never mentioned it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Funny - he's never mentioned it
    He can't bear toi talk about it, la. He's suppressing the memory. Can't be healthy.

2004, that was