Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I made sausage rolls at the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Consider the Greggs pinky-grey sludge filling and the greasiness of the limp pastry. An unbeatable combination.
    It must the grease doing that. You can hardly taste the meat.

Have you tried using keema mutter or similar and making a sausage roll out of that? Yes I know that sounds similar to a samosa but I'm sure we can call it fusion?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    It must the grease doing that. You can hardly taste the meat.

Have you tried using keema mutter or similar and making a sausage roll out of that? Yes I know that sounds similar to a samosa but I'm sure we can call it fusion?
    Nice idea, a. I like your thinking.

I've just had a delivery of urud dal from Amazon, so this week I will be making the black dal. Dal makhani, if you will I might try it poured over chips.

I've just had a delivery of urud dal from Amazon, so this week I will be making the black dal. Dal makhani, if you will I might try it poured over chips.
    You will be farting like a misfiring exhaust imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You will be farting like a misfiring exhaust imo.
    I'll be wishing I had proper rotis to scoop it up with is what I'll be doing.

I ucking love dal makhani.

Good idea. My only concern would be whether the chips going soggy may upset the whole experience?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Amazon delivers food / ingredient? Well I never.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Amazon delivers food / ingredient? Well I never.
    It's useful for things like spring roll wrappers, stuff you don't get in the supermarket.

I'll be wishing I had proper rotis to scoop it up with is what I'll be doing.

I ucking love dal makhani.
    I can't help you with rotis, but Sainsbury's does some excellent chapati and paratha that you cook on a frying pan straight from frozen

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/w...l-paratha-400g

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/...-chapatti-320g

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can't help you with rotis, but Sainsbury's does some excellent chapati and paratha that you cook on a frying pan straight from frozen

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/w...l-paratha-400g

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/...-chapatti-320g
    ty b. I will check those out.

Finely minced a mixture of pork shoulder and belly, added softened onions and lots of sage, buttry puff pastry... I think I still prefer Gregg's
    You can buy a whole host of frozen, Greggs pastries at Iceland. Who knew?

Might go and but some steak bakes. they knock the sausage rolls into a cocked hat imo.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”