Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So, Jeremy Paxman calls the BBC biased, politically correct and calls for licence fee

So, Jeremy Paxman calls the BBC biased, politically correct and calls for licence fee

to be scrapped.

While I wholeheartedly agree with all these sentiments, his stance might carry rather more weight if he hadn't spent several decades rinsing the licence fee payer for every penny he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    to be scrapped.

While I wholeheartedly agree with all these sentiments, his stance might carry rather more weight if he hadn't spent several decades rinsing the licence fee payer for every penny he could.
    He is merely a pragmatist. Who in their right mind would miss the opportunity of sucking from the teat?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He is merely a pragmatist. Who in their right mind would miss the opportunity of sucking from the teat?
    I suppose so, but it still rankles somewhat.

Does this mean he'll no longer be allowed to do University Challenge?

I suppose so, but it still rankles somewhat.

Does this mean he'll no longer be allowed to do University Challenge?
    Rude fúcker. I'd be delighted if he were binned, personally.

I sat behind him once at a production of 'Journey's End'. He was with a child; grandchild perhaps? He spent the whole of the play explaining what was going in in a loud whisper to the poor little brat.

Wánker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Rude fúcker. I'd be delighted if he were binned, personally.

I sat behind him once at a production of 'Journey's End'. He was with a child; grandchild perhaps? He spent the whole of the play explaining what was going in in a loud whisper to the poor little brat.

Wánker.
    I quite like it when he scorns young people for their ignorance, tbh.

Talking of RC Sherriff, I only found out the other day that he wrote the script for The Dambusters.
    Last edited by Burney; 07-03-2017 at 08:57 AM.

I quite like it when he scorns young people for their ignorance, tbh.

Talking of RC Sherrif, I only found out the other day that he wrote the script for The Dambusters.
    Goodbye Mr Chips, as well. Yes, he could definitely wield a pencil to good effect.

to be scrapped.

Yes, it's all about denunciation nowadays, not renunciation. Understandable, I suppose, even if annoying.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, it's all about denunciation nowadays, not renunciation. Understandable, I suppose, even if annoying.
    I thought the BBC was supposed to be all about enunciation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can people just leave the fecking nuns out of it altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No, it hasn't been for years, I'm afraid.

Jim Biddulph
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."