Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New striker :cloud9:

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The new Chamakh
    Bit harsh. He scored as many Ligue 1 goals in 2 seasons as Chamakh did during his 8 seasons at Bordeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Bit harsh. He scored as many Ligue 1 goals in 2 seasons as Chamakh did during his 8 seasons at Bordeaux
    60m, blimey. How very un-Arsenal, or perversely how very Arsenal to stump up the mega bucks and land a player who some will still doubt as he is not one of the really big marquee forwards of Europe.

Now we flog that bearded mirror oaf to Everton or West Ham, there is 20m back. Then Alexis to City, just get it done as opposed to it dragging all summer.

Then enter Mahrez.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    60m, blimey. How very un-Arsenal, or perversely how very Arsenal to stump up the mega bucks and land a player who some will still doubt as he is not one of the really big marquee forwards of Europe.

Now we flog that bearded mirror oaf to Everton or West Ham, there is 20m back. Then Alexis to City, just get it done as opposed to it dragging all summer.

Then enter Mahrez.

Wouldn't mind Mahrez, just to see if he can raise his level in a better team. Having said that i would hope he is the "replacement" and we still try and get Lemar.

-------------Lacazette-------------
    Lemar----------Ozil--------Mahrez

That would probably just about make up for losing Alexis.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Now we flog that bearded mirror oaf to Everton or West Ham
    Farhad Moshiri splashing the cash?

Usmanov will **** off, wont he?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Wouldn't mind Mahrez, just to see if he can raise his level in a better team. Having said that i would hope he is the "replacement" and we still try and get Lemar.

-------------Lacazette-------------
    Lemar----------Ozil--------Mahrez

That would probably just about make up for losing Alexis.
    We are returning to a back four?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well, if we sign Mahrez i don't see him playing in a 3-4-3. If we keep Alexis and sign Lemar or Mahrez i don't see how they all play in a 3-4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Farhad Moshiri splashing the cash?

Usmanov will **** off, wont he?
    Can’t see him running off yet, nothing to lose from staying put as his investment is sound financially and he is seen as innocent in whatever travails the club has.

We lose a few matches early in the season and the crowd will turn again on Wenger first and then the board / Stan.

Usmanov just sits back in his Russian mansion stroking his cat.

No, that's just next season's injury list for November, December and January. You know what these foreigners are like; they blub and cry off when they realise they won't be getting their customary Winter break.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

hoping it's a case of him wanting 2 top class 3-4-3s for the league and Europa league.

We won't win anything with a back 4.

A bit of a stretch, perhaps.

I might have to repeat the one about him being good for 90 minutes but then stops.
    Come on AWIMB. I am a little bit disappoint that we haven't exhausted all the Lacazzete jokes. Especially as he will be a record signing.