Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't say I like Sanchez much

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Would you sell him to City?

FTR I would if they were the highest bidder. Can't be bothered with all this not selling to a rival nonsense.
    Yup

Mostly because I think watching him give the ball away would drive Pep mental and he'd barely get a game as a result. Not that I believe the City rumours, of course. They already have Gabriel, De Bruyne, Sane and Sterling as well as Aguero and Silva (cracking player). Just can't see him being a target but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yup

Mostly because I think watching him give the ball away would drive Pep mental and he'd barely get a game as a result. Not that I believe the City rumours, of course. They already have Gabriel, De Bruyne, Sane and Sterling as well as Aguero and Silva (cracking player). Just can't see him being a target but who knows
    Sané, on the basis of last season perhaps the most exciting of all.

As I told you about two years ago - you're welcome

Let's assume the rumours are true that he ditches Aguero. I would think that Sane, Gabriel and De Bruyne are first choice. Silva and Silva can play there as well. He needs Sachez for 50mil?

I think not.

Nah, take the £55m and reinvest in players of our choice, not those offered in some kind of footballing equivalent of Noel Edmonds noncery.

Anyway, swaps don’t really happen do they? Clive Allen and all that.
    Bring back Baptista imo
    That didn't really work for us at all. Not only did we lose Reyes we then also lost Baptista.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Let's assume the rumours are true that he ditches Aguero. I would think that Sane, Gabriel and De Bruyne are first choice. Silva and Silva can play there as well. He needs Sachez for 50mil?

I think not.

I am not sure the concept of “need” is really that important in the annual Man City program of recruitment and team strengthening.

One could argue they are overloaded with attacking talent, the best in the league I would say. They finished last season desperately in need of defensive reinforcement and indeed replacements, so the first thing they do is purchase Bernardo Silva. Of course I expect they will address the defence at some point.

Guardiola will simply not countenance another season of failure like last and if Sanchez can improve his options then the spending of 50m is neither here nor there.

If City don’t want him then the entire media would appear to have this whole story dramatically wrong.

City's needs should not matter a fig on Sanchez's valuation. I say he is worth at least £70 million and whilst I wouldn;t sell him to a direct rival if they offer Aguero and £20 million I might listen.

I am not sure the concept of “need” is really that important in the annual Man City program of recruitment and team strengthening.

One could argue they are overloaded with attacking talent, the best in the league I would say. They finished last season desperately in need of defensive reinforcement and indeed replacements, so the first thing they do is purchase Bernardo Silva. Of course I expect they will address the defence at some point.

Guardiola will simply not countenance another season of failure like last and if Sanchez can improve his options then the spending of 50m is neither here nor there.

If City don’t want him then the entire media would appear to have this whole story dramatically wrong.
    I would have taken Bernardo Silva in a heartbeat. He was brilliant in the Monaco games I watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I would have taken Bernardo Silva in a heartbeat. He was brilliant in the Monaco games I watched.
    I said the same and had my eye on Dembele (Dortmund won) and Sane last summer. We could afford them, they were available.

But they would have killed Ox and Walcott, I suppose.

Thing is, since the invincibles we have had precious few genuinely top-drawer players. Fabregas and Van Persie stood out among the mediocrity and when each of them left we pretty much said "good riddance", kidded ourselves that they were more trouble than they were worth and that we would be stronger without them. Were we *******s.

Sanchez is even more world-class, and despite his tantrums has stood out in terms of attitude and application as well as ability. While I get that 50 million would be hard to resist, who do you trust Wenger to replace him with who would make us stronger? By all means argue that we can't afford to let him run down his contract, but don't kid yourself we are better without him, especially if he goes to Chelsea or City.