Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally worked out why SW is obsessed with Goretzka

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Midfield imo
    Well said, P. Basically, "Bof ..Wherever .."
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A holding midfielder is a midfielder who is not a box to box midfielder

Where would he play if we signed him?
    A midfielder is, almost by definition, box-to-box, isn't he? Otherwise, which field is he supposed to be playing in the middle of.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I had been led to believe he was some kind of holding midfielder.
    We don't necessarily need a holding midfielder, we just need someone to play with Xhaka who doesn't think that playing midfield involves playing simple square balls and then endlessly running forward looking for goals.

And who is good, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    We don't necessarily need a holding midfielder, we just need someone to play with Xhaka who doesn't think that playing midfield involves playing simple square balls and then endlessly running forward looking for goals.

And who is good, of course.
    This is almost Richian in its lack of footballing knowledge. Wd wes. Good lunch down the pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    This is almost Richian in its lack of footballing knowledge. Wd wes. Good lunch down the pub?
    Have we ever seen Rich and Wes at the same time??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well, that wasn't an out and out hooking, but it was clearly a strong nibble.

I win again.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well, that wasn't an out and out hooking, but it was clearly a strong nibble.

I win again.
    There must be both singular and collective nouns somewhere to describe the sort of people who declare themselves "winners" on the internet.

Watching him last night - quite clearly the Freddie replacement we have been crying out for for some time. Uncanny likeness in his running

Piffle.

I had seen him a few times last season for Schalke and he always looked very good, when he was then (in all likelihood tenuously) linked with us then I sat forward in my armchair.

Then I read that Bayern want him and I became sad. Thus I am now over him.

I have enjoyed the Germans at the CC I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Piffle.

I had seen him a few times last season for Schalke and he always looked very good, when he was then (in all likelihood tenuously) linked with us then I sat forward in my armchair.

Then I read that Bayern want him and I became sad. Thus I am now over him.

I have enjoyed the Germans at the CC I must say.
    Think Bayern are well stocked in that department. Wouldn't stop them though, I suppose. Some lovely stuff from the boy Draxler last night. Thought Mexico were hard done by all the same. Fantastic strike for their goal

Watching him last night - quite clearly the Freddie replacement we have been crying out for for some time. Uncanny likeness in his running
    Isn't he a bit old now?