Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally worked out why SW is obsessed with Goretzka

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Stan the Man?
    bit hard to read from that photo.

But although is team won the cup twice when he first came on board.

They are now the worst team in the league and finished dead last
    Last edited by Pat Vegas; 06-30-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    you'd better tell that to that fatuous arsehole Steve Wright who refers to them often on his moronic Radio 2 show. Not that I ever listen to it, mind.
    This post reminds me how I miss Nicos moaning about Adrian Durham every day, who he did not listen to on Talksport, of course.

'Factoid' was supposedly coined by Norman Mailer in 1973 to describe a non-fact that is taken to be true because people continually see it written down (in newspapers). So ironically, because people continually see/hear the word factoid used incorrectly, it has 'come to mean' the incorrect meaning of a piece of trivia. Meta!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This post reminds me how I miss Nicos moaning about Adrian Durham every day, who he did not listen to on Talksport, of course.

'Factoid' was supposedly coined by Norman Mailer in 1973 to describe a non-fact that is taken to be true because people continually see it written down (in newspapers). So ironically, because people continually see/hear the word factoid used incorrectly, it has 'come to mean' the incorrect meaning of a piece of trivia. Meta!
    I do like that

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Nicos? difference being I really don't listen to R2 unless the DAB in the car is playing up or Ken Bruce is on...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

The Habs?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A holding midfielder is a midfielder who is not a box to box midfielder

Where would he play if we signed him?
    A midfielder is, almost by definition, box-to-box, isn't he? Otherwise, which field is he supposed to be playing in the middle of.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Midfield imo
    Well said, P. Basically, "Bof ..Wherever .."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The Habs?
    No the Avs

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

The parallels with his ownership of the Arsenal are staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The parallels with his ownership of the Arsenal are staggering.
    Ah that's to come SW.

It's taken a good 10-15 years for them to become completely awful.