Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally worked out why SW is obsessed with Goretzka

Finally worked out why SW is obsessed with Goretzka

Watching him last night - quite clearly the Freddie replacement we have been crying out for for some time. Uncanny likeness in his running

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Watching him last night - quite clearly the Freddie replacement we have been crying out for for some time. Uncanny likeness in his running
    Where was lovely smiley Carlos Vela, eh?

I had been led to believe he was some kind of holding midfielder.

Piffle.

I had seen him a few times last season for Schalke and he always looked very good, when he was then (in all likelihood tenuously) linked with us then I sat forward in my armchair.

Then I read that Bayern want him and I became sad. Thus I am now over him.

I have enjoyed the Germans at the CC I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Where was lovely smiley Carlos Vela, eh?
    Coke and hookers, I'd imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I had been led to believe he was some kind of holding midfielder.
    I think the most annoying thing about people continuously banging on about holding midfielders is that half the ****ers don't know what one actually is. He most certainly isn't

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Piffle.

I had seen him a few times last season for Schalke and he always looked very good, when he was then (in all likelihood tenuously) linked with us then I sat forward in my armchair.

Then I read that Bayern want him and I became sad. Thus I am now over him.

I have enjoyed the Germans at the CC I must say.
    Think Bayern are well stocked in that department. Wouldn't stop them though, I suppose. Some lovely stuff from the boy Draxler last night. Thought Mexico were hard done by all the same. Fantastic strike for their goal

Coke and hookers, I'd imagine
    On the bench where he appears to have spent a large part of his career. Which is nice.

I think the most annoying thing about people continuously banging on about holding midfielders is that half the ****ers don't know what one actually is. He most certainly isn't
    Xhaka was also perceived as such. Xhaka and Goretzka, now there is a duo. Good in scrabble also.

Peter's ignorance does not surprise me all the same.

A holding midfielder is a midfielder who is not a box to box midfielder

Where would he play if we signed him?